Ideas how to get surgery done with zero money please!!!!

E_Saenz
on 12/9/11 1:15 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
 I have been trying to afford to have the Sleeve done since 2008 and I just don't have the money to do it.  Can anyone please help me with some ideas on how to earn the money to have it done.  I donn't have Insurance and i am not working right now so I have to find a way that is unconventional,,, I really need the surery and God as My witness I have tried every diet known to man and woman but nothing has worked...  I need HELP and OH has been my only support.. my familiy don't like the Idea of surgery but if i don't have it done i already know i am going to stay the way i am and i am very miserable....  if you have a good idea please share... an inspiration or maybe a guardian  ...

thanks for reading my blog....

God Bless!!!!

Elia Maria Saenz

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/11 1:22 am
I don't know if you have insurance or not, or if you have a job or not but it might be worth it to investigate insurance programs and take a job that has the type of insurance you need.  My insurance covered my surgery 100% including all labs and tests.  I have Health Net.
E_Saenz
on 12/9/11 1:43 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
I have thought of that and have applied but never chosen.. I have been trying to get a job at the hospital...

Elia Maria Saenz

Mutha24Boyz
on 12/9/11 1:32 am - NY
I was so fortunate in this respect. I work for a health care corporation so my sleeve was also covered 100% The only thing I payed for was a $10 copay for my sleep study. The best I can suggest is to find a job at a hospital, most times in healthcare we carry some of the best insurance, and go from there.

I am 29 years old. 5' tall HW 247 SW 241 Pre-Op 226 Tentative Goal 130
www.theinkdiva.blogspot.com
Mutha24Boyz
on 12/9/11 1:34 am - NY
or shoot move to NY and apply for Medicaid ( I can't BELEIVE I just said that) but NYS medicaid covers pretty much everything.

I am 29 years old. 5' tall HW 247 SW 241 Pre-Op 226 Tentative Goal 130
www.theinkdiva.blogspot.com
E_Saenz
on 12/9/11 1:40 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
I don't have any small children so I can't get medicaid in Michigan I have tried.  So weird they will give you food but they wont help with medical is that not crazy or what?

Elia Maria Saenz

doggz109
on 12/9/11 1:35 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Put up a donation jar at the local supermarket?  Collect cans for recycling?

There are also medical loans you can get and then pay it back like a normal loan.

Also look at surgeons in Mexico....they charge a fraction of the cost and many of them (do your research) are as good or better than surgeons here.
E_Saenz
on 12/9/11 1:41 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
Good Idea I thought of doing that but people don't really feel sorry for fat people;;;;

Elia Maria Saenz

Ms. Poker Face
on 12/9/11 1:56 am
Realistically, you are in a bad spot.  Insurance, self-pay or a loan are going to be the main avenues for getting the surgery.  In any of those cases, having a job seems necessary.  I'm not aware of anyone doing the surgery for free, which is sort of what you sound like you are looking for?

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

E_Saenz
on 12/9/11 2:04 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15
no James I am not looking for a free surgery I am looking for a way to raise the money to get it done I am a dreamer but I am not by any means stupid I at the present time do not have my job because I live in Michigan and many jobs have left and I am struggleing finacially right  now but I have always worked hard and I will be back on the work scene again but i figured if anyone could give me some positive input or Ideas maybe they have thought of something I haven't. 

Thanks for the post anyway

Elia Maria Saenz

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 397 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views