Tomorrow is my day and I'm scared as hell

Sara D.
on 3/4/12 8:56 am - Brooklyn, NY
 Tomorrow is my day at Mount Sinai with Dr. Kini. I'm nervous as all hell and can't control my emotions.  I will be on the losers bench tomorrow....  

Right now the questions going through my mind are how much I love pizza and how I wont be able to eat post op.  I know it's bad thinking but it's all I can think about
Kevin H.
on 3/4/12 9:01 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
This is a repost from another thread very much like yours.  It works here too I think.

I guess it is normal to get scared before such a major life changing event.  Honestly though, i never really got scared or even very nervous about it.  

After 43 years of living this life, I was so ready for a change there was nothing for me to be scared of .. other then staying fat and having a stroke, heart attack or whatever else.  To me that was what I was scared of .. not the surgery.  I was killing myself slowly.  Now I'm getting healthier each day instead of one step closer to the grave.

Wishing you all the best as you begin your journey!  You can do this!

AmberK
on 3/4/12 9:01 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 I think we all have things we think about that we shouldn't. I just want to wake up and not die! I know that sounds bad but its' how I feel. I am on Wednesday! I will be praying for you! 
moonglo82
on 3/4/12 9:04 am, edited 3/3/12 9:05 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
That is my fear exactly! Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.. but then again, I feel that way any time I am having surgery.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

weighless
on 3/4/12 9:24 am - OH
VSG on 01/11/12
Hi Amber, I have been waiting for your turn to come up.  You are going to be awesome.  I will keep you in my prayers.  This is the BEST decision for my health and wellness that I have ever made.  You will be much better than you think.  GO GIRL!
Janie
  54 yr. female 5'7" / HW 283 / Consult W 253 / SW 240.5 / CW 167  
Month 1:  Lost 20 pounds
Month 2:  Lost 11 pounds
Month 3  Lost 18 pounds
AmberK
on 3/4/12 9:46 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Thank you I appreciate that! I trust in God to protect me and get my body (his temple) into better working order. 
happymom80
on 3/4/12 10:46 am - MO
VSG on 03/05/12
I feel the same way...I just put my kids to bed and I had to try really hard not to cry and think tomorrow I might not come home. Talk about morbid thoughts!!! Good luck to you on Wednesday! 
AmberK
on 3/4/12 10:57 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Glad I'm not the only one! It's just such a weird feeling! Excitement, anxiety, nerves, love, everything! 
doggz109
on 3/4/12 9:02 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Healthy > Pizza.

And yes....you will still be able to eat post op.  The liquid stage is just a blip on the VSG radar but it is very important you do it right.
mommy794
on 3/4/12 9:04 am

You will be able to eat soon enough, I'm 4 weeks out and had the pepperoni and cheese off 1 slice two days ago and I was just fine. Of course I have had no problems drinking or eating since surgery and I am very thankful for that! I was nervous but so ready to make a permanent change! After the first week which is pretty rough you WILL be feeling better and losing and soooo glad you did this! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views