Help with MENU ideas!!

amytang81
on 4/13/12 11:24 pm
VSG on 07/28/10 with
So I have not been on here in a long while. Lots of reasons why but I am back now. Bad news for me I have seen a weight gain only because of my food choices. I have realized that I must be aware of what I am eating. So I need help with some menu ideas. I think one of my huge problems is maybe I am not eating enough during the day and by the time that I eat dinner I crave bad unhealthy items. Please let me know how you contiune to eat right year or more out. I still have weight that I need to lose. I need to lose another 75 pounds!!!! Whi*****ludes weight that I allowed myself to gain!!!

HELP ANYONE!!

Thanks everyone!
galiaire
on 4/14/12 12:34 am - Australia
Hi there,
I'm 2yrs out, and by no means perfect, but I do know if I let myself get too hungry that's when I'm more likely to make bad choices.

Lately I'm doing an overhaul of my diet and lifestyle as I've just come out of a six month stall and when I really look at it, as much as I want to blame it on my medication or health, it was mostly due to bad eating choices.  Too many carbs, eating too infrequently and getting too hungry, not planning, I'm sure every vet knows that routine leads to bad news.

My latest trick (that seems to be working!) is to keep a batch of eggbites in the fridge - if you haven't read the world according to eggface's blog, I cannot recommend it highly enough.  She makes these fabulous little 'bites' - aka crustless quiches - that are mini-muffin size, perfect for a snack or add a salad and call it a meal.  I keep them in the fridge for when I'm hungry between meals or need a quick meal and I'm finding it easier to plan and stick to plan when I know I've got a reasonably healthy, high protien snack available.  The link is:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com.au/2009/10/party-time-confetti-bites.html

Have you tried having five to six meals a day, rather then just breakfast lunch and dinner?  I'm trying to plan breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and supper into my day so I'm eating a small portion every couple of hours.  Time will tell if this helps, but it's what my surgeon's plan suggests to do so here goes.

Good luck, you can get back on track!  We both can! :)
I believe it will all work out okay in the end.  If it's not okay, it's not the end.

amytang81
on 4/14/12 12:52 am
VSG on 07/28/10 with
I did try the egg bites a while back. I will have to make them again. Which ones did you make? I think I made the pizza ones with pepperoni. Anyways, I know that I need to eat more little meals but I feel that I get tired of the same old stuff. You mentioned morning tea and afternoon tea. What kind of tea is that because I LOVE tea!
INgirl
on 4/14/12 2:29 am, edited 4/14/12 2:31 am
Question, do you weigh, measure, and log everything you eat? If you are not aware of what you are eating and *think* you may not be eating right, it sounds like you aren't doing this and are just winging it.. This is the one biggest thing that I think the majority of the folks who got to goal and beyond did.. and I know for me, who's lost and regained 100+lbs before, something I CANNOT STOP DOING, period! One day, while whining about the fact that I had to keep doing this, that I couldn't just trust myself.. my husband pointed out something: what's more of a hassle, writing everything down or sticking myself with a blood meter and giving myself insulin shots? (my future had I not taken action).. Kinda puts it into perspective- huh? I'll continue to measure and log.

Menu ideas are great, but I think almost anything (save carby pasta, cookies, pizza and fast food- you get that, that's pretty common sense) can fit into a menu during weight loss, if you track. 

I still follow the same plan from early out, my breakfast/lunch/dinner & snacks are usually routine.. protein shake first thing (I like them, and don't like eating as soon as I wake).. coffee, cheese stick & HB egg.. lunch, tuna salad, maybe on some lettuce wraps or leftovers from the night before- baked fish, chicken leg etc.. snacks: cheese, meat nibbles, veggies and greek yogurt, stuff like that.. and dinner- whatever meat I make, pulled pork (low-carb BBQ), lamb chops and some green beans.. Basically meat, and if I have room then veggies, and veggies for snacks with some (usually) lower-fat dairy, low-carb yogurt.. I keep my carbs very low, it's what me & my body prefers, I don't count fat, but don't go overboard either, and I eat protein first, always.

Good luck- but get to tracking and measuring and packing your food today for tomorrow (and every day after) so you have your good choices with you at all times- that's the best first step!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views