I'm bored with this...

quintons_mommy200

on 5/24/12 12:18 pm
I need some new food ideas... I'm bored with eating the same things and I find it so much easier to eat bad food when I'm not interested in eating what I should be..

What are your favorite foods that are family friendly?  I love to use the crock pot... and it's finally grilling season in Iowa...

Suggestions?

bedazzle
on 5/24/12 12:23 pm
VSG on 04/26/12
 Look up high protein or no carbs or crockpot on Pinterest. I've found lots of new stuff to try not to mention my kids like them too.

heathermc44
on 5/24/12 12:28 pm - Bremerton, WA
It's kind of funny but I have a new-found love of cooking.  I like to experiment and try new things.  If you like your crockpot I think there would be tons of things you can make.  Some of our favorites are white chicken chili, chicken tortilla soup, beef barley stew, pulled pork.  I also make a very yummy chicken pot pie in the crockpot.  Basically make all the chicken stuff in the crockpot then take philo (sp?) dough and cut round circles and bake.  Dish the chicken stuff in a bowl and top with a philo circle, or not.  I make things my family likes and then dish myself a smaller portion or I won't eat the starchy stuff.  Also, I've been looking through pinterest and have come up with some great ideas.

Good luck to you. 

slimpickins5280
on 5/24/12 12:33 pm - CO
Kabobs
Hamburgers
All-meat chili - homemade
Pork green chili - homemade
Elina's chicken soup - look on her profile for the recipe
Low carb parmesan chicken - yum!
Steak! (my first love)
Salmon on the grill
Crab legs - buy them already cooked at the supermarket and steem them for a few minutes to get them hot, yumminess
Salads with any meat on them
Steak! - just had to give it a second shout out :-)

MMMMMM.... all sounds goood.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

rhearob
on 5/24/12 12:35 pm - TN
 I've been making some chicken stir fry's lately.  Marinate a boneless skinless chicken breast with salt, pepper, and a variety of sauces.  You could do a sesame honey or a soy sauce.  You could marinate in a adoro-ancho chile sauce and do Chipotle Style burrito's at home, make some lemon-cilantro rice, black beans, etc to go with it.

Take the falvirs you love and run with them.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Mom78
on 5/24/12 12:44 pm
VSG on 02/10/12
Google theworldaccordingtoeggface, she has awesome recipes fo was!
                   SW: 227              GW: 150            HT: 5'6"  

ND2BTHN
on 5/24/12 1:36 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
Best way to over come the boring same food blahs, is to cruise some fresh recipes, to help fight the urge to eat the bad food. All you need is some imagination and variety. Hope these help.

www.food.com/cookbook/bariatric-friendly-cookbook-309705
www.bariatriccookery.com/recipes
barixclinicsstore.com/recipe_main.html
www.froedtert.com/SpecialtyAreas/BariatricSurgeryProgram/Recipes/
www.bariatric-surgery-source.com/bariatric-recipes.html
recipes.sparkpeople.com/cookbooks.asp?cookbook=446575
www.bariatricfoodie.com

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
Chanciekd
on 5/24/12 2:41 pm - MS
VSG on 01/23/12
I have been roasting zucchini, squash, red onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli etc in the oven on 400 or on the grill.....   EVOO, salt and pepper.  that's all! 
My whole family loves it.  Chicken legs are good in there too.  Add a little Cavender's to the chicken!
I put potatoes in for my family, not me.
I can't get enough of this food.
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/12 2:56 pm
I have been craving chicken satay this week. Going to do some tomorrow night!
fran67
on 5/24/12 10:53 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
I use a lot of recipes from skinnytaste.com.

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 145 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 419 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 439 views