Give me hope plz!!

loveablevixen
on 6/16/12 4:28 pm - bklyn, NY
I am soooooooooooooo upset & confused right now...smh. I just got a denial letter in the mail today. Hows that possible when my surgeon coordinator gave me a date, for JULY 2nd???? Damn, i wi**** was a weekday so i can curse someone out. Hows this possible?? Tears!!!
Loveable_vixen    
New_me2011
on 6/16/12 6:36 pm - NY
VSG on 02/14/12
 Ok, first, which did you receive first, your surgery date or your denial letter? Many times the insurance company authorizes the surgery with the surgeons office, who then call you and give you a date-then in a few days you get the letter in the mail, so this may all be a misunderstanding. Second, what exactly does the denial letter say- that surgery is denied, extra hospital days are denied, etc? What are the reasons for any denials-missing documents, etc. This should be easy enough to straigten out. Dry your tears, enjoy your weekend, and get this straightened out on Monday. I'd call my surgeon's office, then if necessary the insurance company- usually surgeons offices have a bariatric coordinator to review all documents, etc so thats a good place to start, you may not have to contact the insurance company directly. All of this can be straightened out, and I wish you all the best. As a fellow New Yorker(Queens), I'm sure that it will all be resolved and I'll be saving you a seat on the losers bench.

Michele            

Ms. Poker Face
on 6/16/12 10:42 pm
Some doctors schedule surgery in anticipation of getting the approval letter before it actually happens. My doctor did not, which was frustrating in it's own way. Both processes have issues. Take a deep breath and work through it. Talk to the surgeon's office to see what they know and to help you get whatever the insurance company needs to approve it. The process can take longer than we like, so be ready to tap into your patience. It will all work out in the end, I'm sure.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

happiegirl
on 6/16/12 10:55 pm - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
Do you know the reason for the denial?  I had a whole series of things going wrong and road blocks.  It took me a year, but I kept pushing and I got what I wanted.

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

peeches35
on 6/16/12 11:01 pm
VSG on 04/03/12
I got denied to but god knew  best I had to do a 6 month supervise diet so i did not do appeal I do have a appeal letter if you need one what i did was resummit my papers 6 months later and i was approve what was the reason they denied you

SO INLOVE WITH MY SELF

Boppie2012
on 6/17/12 3:05 am - Dunedin, FL
I'll tell you a better one. I had my surgery which was pre-approved by UHC. My doctor also did a hernia repair. Everything was paid except for the surgeons fee, they say that my plan does not cover surgery for obesity related conditions. I called the doctors office and they said they have all of the approvals on file and they have to resubmit an appeal. Such BS, especially for $8,500.
TRISH S.
on 6/17/12 9:25 am
VSG on 07/03/12
Vixen,

I work with precerting medical procedures everyday. Heres what you do, get on the phone to your surgeon's office, speak with the person who handled your case. Tell them you want it appealed to your insurance. If they aren't going to do it, you get on the phone to your insurance company, and speak to them, Go over everything they have listed, because more then likely they missed something, Stay calm. it will work out.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views