NSV's

amidwife4u
on 6/19/12 8:54 am
So I've been frustrated with the current plateau I've been on for 6 weeks now, but I think I can't really call it a plateau since I have lost inches during that time.  So I thought I would focus on the positive:

NSV 1:  I am a nurse midwife and hospital scrubs are a big part of my life.  I was in a 2X before surgery, and this week the mediums seemed too big, so I tried a small....and they fit!  Woop Woop!  I have NEVER worn small scrubs EVER in my life!

NSV 2:  One of the docs I work with stopped me in the hall yesterday and said....."You're doing something!  You're doing something and IT IS WORKING!  YOU LOOK GREAT!"  This is a doc who is kind of quiet, so it felt like quite a compliment

NSV 3:  An OB patient and her husband were looking at all the photos on the wall of the babies that have been caught by providers in my practice.  There are some photos of me holding babies when I was at my largest.  This particular couple made a huge fuss about how I was shrinking right in front of their eyes...and the husband said..."No, really,   You are a smokin' hottie"  right in front of his wife, who whole heartedly agreed!  I have NEVER had anyone call me a hottie.....so I was a bit taken aback and just stammered "thank you"....but ever since I keep thinking of that moment and look in the mirror and try to see the hottie that is there. 

NSV 4:  I needed a pair of slacks for work Monday.  I grabbed a pair off the hangar and didn't check the size (I have multiple sizes and had recently picked up a smaller size from the thrift store).  Well I put on the slacks and realized I hadn't worn them before. They fit really well, not too tight and not too loose, so I checked the tag....and they were a size 8!  Give me another Woop Woop!  I'm not a size 8 in all brands....but it sure was nice to get the validation that my body is so much smaller than before surgery.  My mind is very slow at picking up on the idea that I'm not a size 20 anymore!

Happy today!

HW 232 SW 218  WT when leaving hospital 219.5
Feystorm
on 6/19/12 9:15 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 Yay for great NSVs!  
I think your mind will catch up... at least I hope so, because that's what I keep telling myself about my mind. lol

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Nadurra Deb
on 6/19/12 10:24 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Okay you need to post before and after pictures! I want to see this new hottie!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

amidwife4u
on 6/19/12 10:39 am
I'm not sure how to post photos, I tried once but it said the pic was too big.  I'll see if my hubby can help me tonight!

HW 232 SW 218  WT when leaving hospital 219.5
Shagdoll
on 6/19/12 2:38 pm
Congrats on all your NSV's!!! You are doing awesome!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views