Problems sitting up

nieba
on 9/18/12 8:38 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
My job is 100% desk job. I only get up if I need to and that is only about 4 times a day.

I have been trying to go a whole day's time of work but finding that sitting up for over an hour starts to cause problems. My boss allows me to lay down in a spare office if I need to for a little while. But by 1-2pm I am finding I am very nausous and have to go home to lay down for over an hour.

Has anyone had problems sitting up at a desk for long periods?

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

moonglo82
on 9/18/12 8:43 am
VSG on 03/29/12
You're still very early out, so it's entirely possible that you are using your abs a lot more than your body is ready for at this point. I didn't have that problem, but that doesn't mean it's not normal... we all heal so differently.

Question: have you tried getting up and taking a walk around the office when this happens instead of laying down? Early out, I had more trouble going from laying down to an upright position than staying upright, so I'm thinking maybe a quick walk, even for just a few minutes, would give your muscles a break and let you not have to work them harder with drastically changing positions. I could be way off base there... just a thought.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

nieba
on 9/18/12 8:51 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
I haven't tried walking yet. I just know that with the nausousness I have been dealing with I get so tired that I have to lay down. I think today I will try walking a little every hour and se eif it helps.

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 308 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 355 views