Cross Post- Getting to goal in a year?

phine_20
on 9/25/12 6:46 am - GA
I had my nine month check up with my surgeon today. I've lost 140 lbs since the start of my preop diet. I'm 33 years old, started at 334, now at 194, 5'5". He wants me to lose 34 more lbs to get to a goal BMI of 25- 27. He wants me to do this by my one year check up. Is this realistic? Can I really do it in less than three months? I've only lost about 25 in the past three months. Did anyone else with similar stats get to goal in a year? Aren't the last pounds the hardest to come off?
emelar
on 9/25/12 7:12 am - TX
You've done just great!

My advice - give it your best try (if you want to), but don't stress over it.  Control what you can control - what you eat and how much you move - and see if your body will cooperate with you.  Sometimes it does, sometimes....not so much. 

judyk62
on 9/25/12 8:06 am - Santa Rosa, CA
I agree - what's the rush? You've done an amazing job. I would say just keep doing what your doing and the rest will come off. My stats are not the same as you and I am way older, but I am 10 months out and have been losing 5-8 pounds a month over the last few. I feel like as long as I am moving in the right direction, life your life - there is no rush!

Did he say why he wanted it done within a specific timeframe?

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

frisco
on 9/25/12 8:58 am

You can for sure do it if you want to......

It's probably not gonna happen in that time span if you have gradually increased your intake. In most cases to lose the last weight you need to (I did) cut back on total cals.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

RyanJS
on 9/25/12 9:06 am - CA
VSG on 02/21/12 with
Let me tell you that you have done fantastic so far. As for losing the rest by December... I am sure it is possible but is it really a race to the finish line? I think that if you do a very strict diet and exercise your butt off you could. I was fortunate enough to be a very fast loser but for me it really wasn't a race. If you don't hit that make at the 1 year mark at least you can tell yourself you did everything you possibly could to reach it and will get there soon.

Heaviest Weight: 330 Goal Weight: 175 Current Weight: 150
"Hit Goal in 3 1/2 Months!!!"
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"
"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

wbskinny
on 9/25/12 3:13 pm - VA
Wow, I only hope I will be as successful as you!  I am just 2 weeks out and would be thrilled to be close to gaol in a year :)!  Have you excercised a lot, any tips??
phine_20
on 9/25/12 10:10 pm - GA
I followed my doctor's plan very closely. I aim for less than 800 calories a day. I started exercise about a month after surgery. I go to the gym five days a week and exercise for 30-40 minutes at a time. I usually do the elliptical, treadmill or bike or a combination of them to get my time in.   I also do strength training at least once a week.  If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
wbskinny
on 9/25/12 11:07 pm - VA
You are inspiring I will try to do the same!!  The excercise is going to be tough for me.  I have a torn Achilles tendon in my foot and do not want the surgery to ahve it fixed until i lose some weight.  I am going to try swimming and water aerobics and even bought a chair excecising CD I cannot let this stop me!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/25/12 11:34 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
First of all--your weight loss is AWESOME! I agree with everyone else--you can try it but if you don't do it in a year--you can do it within a year and a half or 2 years. There is no race to the finish line--you can go at your own pace. I mean damn--you've done so well--I have no doubt in my mind that you're going to get there. Best wishes to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 308 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 355 views