2+ years post-op's?

Tia T.
on 12/11/12 11:45 am
How long did it take for your body and your skin to adjust to the weight loss? Is your body and skin still changing this far out from surgery? Have you noticed tightening of the skin?
Thanks vets!!
                                Looking for my inner peace

ruggie
on 12/11/12 3:20 pm - Sacramento, CA

Your skin won't tighten more than whatever it does during weight loss.  That's why we turn to plastic surgery.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Tia T.
on 12/11/12 10:24 pm
I have read posts that the skin will tighten, if only slightly even after the loss. It just takes lots of time. If you look at post op pictures, a lot of people will go through a stage of the skin on their face looking saggy, but at a certain point, their face will adjust and lose the saggy effect.
I know that significant lose skin must be corrected with surgery. I am not under the assumption that I will not want plastics to fix the panni that I am expecting.
                                Looking for my inner peace

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/12 10:28 pm, edited 12/11/12 10:28 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

My skin changes.  My wrinkles shift.  I can be the same weight and my stomach can look either crazily wrinkly or not so wrinkiy.  Building muscle underneath changes the "look" of skin.  I know some folks on the main board talk about being years and years out and their skin still shifting.

I think the part with the face is that when we lose, we tend to lose from the top down, and from the outside in.  So our faces, necks, and chest can be very gaunt and sharp, and look a bit haggard, but when we are at a weight for a bit and the body can shift fat stores around, we can look less gaunt at the same weight. 

You never can know what the end result is gonna be, for sure.

Edit to add - I say my skin shifts, but I think the skin just is what it is and its my fat stores shifting, but who knows really. 

Yes, the LOOK of my skin changes over time.  I am 3+ years out with no plastic surgery and that has been true for me.

emelar
on 12/11/12 10:39 pm - TX

I still see changes and improvements in the excess skin even now. Particularly in my belly which has gotten smaller. It'll never be flat, at least not without surgery. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 398 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views