How much were you able to eat at 2 weeks post op, If at all?

Christina_G
on 3/5/13 2:59 am - Raytown, MO
VSG on 02/19/13
Hi...So before everyone gets all judgemental on me, let me tell you what my surgeons plan is for ME...

Days 1-3 Clear liquids
Days 4-7 Full liquids + SOME purees
Days 7-6 weeks Soft foods (might be til 8 weeks, I'll double check)
And then eat as I feel like I can!

Since day 1 I have had nausea so I have taken it way slower than what he recomends because I just don't feel like my sleeve can handle to move at the stage he wants me to be. At my 1 week check up he told me that at 2 weeks I REALLY need to be eating some soft foods. I still can't handle that right now so I am still doing mushies. Right now I can take roughly 4 or 5 bites of food (this is on a baby spoon and the spoon is usually not even half way full) and I feel so full and more nauseous. I know from what I read on here most people can't even start purees until 2 weeks but if you were/are one that was able to eat how much were you able to eat at one sitting. I'm not concerned with rushing through this and I have no problem just staying on liquids a little longer. My biggest concern is still having the nausea. So I guess my question should have been...how long did your nausea last?

(Sorry for automatically being defensive in the beginning, I've noticed on this forum though that you kind of have to be. Which Sucks!!!) And sorry for rambling

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

Starting Weight: 317.2; Goal Weight: 160; Surgery Date: 2/19/13

nmrudge
on 3/5/13 3:23 am - IL
VSG on 12/10/12

I still get nauseous if I eat or drink to fast and I'm almost 3 months out.  This is just my opinion (I'm not a doctor, but I'd like to play one on TV ) but I was more focused on reaching my fluid & protein goals at this point.  You have plenty of time for food.  Not getting dehydrated and healing (which the water & protein help with) was my focus.  I'm not saying don't eat.  Keep trying but don't get discouraged if you not eating the amount your doctors says.

Edit Delete

Christina_G
on 3/5/13 3:30 am - Raytown, MO
VSG on 02/19/13
Thank you! I do good with my water and protein, still makes me nauseous but I do get it all in. I go really slow and it takes me from sun up to sun down to get it in but I do. lol I just need to remember that I'm ONLY 2 weeks out and like you said as long as I'm getting my water and protein in the rest can wait a little longer. I'm just tired of feeling nauseous 24/7. lol Thanks again!!! I do kind of find it amusing...most of the time I see people on here wanting to rush through this stage and I'm just wanting it to slow down because I'm not ready.

LNC62
on 3/5/13 3:40 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
Were you given phenergan, or any other anti nausea medication?

Christina_G
on 3/5/13 4:00 am - Raytown, MO
VSG on 02/19/13
Yes, They have me take them twice a day but doens't seem to help much.

zra
on 3/5/13 3:45 am
VSG on 02/06/13 with

My plan was similar to yours. I was on soft foods (no raw veggies or fruit and no beef or pork) at two weeks and I could eat a little shy of an ounce. I had to eat very slowly and take very, very small bites. 

HW: 363  SW: 340  

emelar
on 3/5/13 4:15 am - TX

A good heaping tablespoonful.  It looked pathetic, even on the little plates, but that would have me totally full.  I started soft foods at 2 weeks.  If I remember right, it was an ounce to an ounce and a half to start with.  Then increase very gradually by 1/2 ounce as the weeks/months progressed.

NiceyDoodle
on 3/5/13 6:47 am - Calgary, Canada
VSG on 02/19/13

We are surgery date twins! 

I wish I was on soft/pureed foods! My plan has me on a 21 day liquid diet. 

I can drink a full Campbell's soup at hand whch is 284 ml serving in one sitting. I feel that is a lot.

I feel hungry all the time.

So obviously I don't have any advice for you, but do you think that you are nauseaus and not eating because you are scared too? Could that be it? If not, then I say follow your gut. You know your body better than anyone. Listen to it!  As long as you are reaching nutrient expectations, don't worry!

Machelle.K
on 3/5/13 7:25 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

My 2nd week was liquids and pureed solids. I started out eating 1-2 tablespoons at one sitting, taking about 15 minutes to do so. Sometime I got nauseous I think my stomach needed to adjust. If something bothered me the next meal I’d go back to liquids. If a whole day bothered me then I went back for a day to liquids.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views