Still hurting

Kcdietz
on 3/7/13 2:42 am - GA
3 1/2 weeks out!! I promise I am not a wimp. I have given birth twice. Once naturally. I can't say that it is true pain, but I do still hurt on the left side of my abdomen. It still takes a minute to stand up straight and sometimes when I bend over there is a sharper pain. I called the nurse about this and she says I am still early out and all swelling from surgery will not be gone until 4-6 weeks. Does this sound right? I read all of your amazing experiences about no pain after a couple of days. I just want to know that I am in the normal range.

Kcdietz
on 3/7/13 2:47 am - GA
I should mention that I had my gallbladder removed during my VSG.

emelar
on 3/7/13 3:08 am - TX

Even though the surgery is lap, they still punch through your abdominal wall to get the equipment in and there are internal stitches.  Sometimes the internal stitches get a little to close to a nerve or muscle.  That's what your pain sounds like.  But if you feel it's too bad or getting worse, call and tell them you want to come in and have the doc look at it.

Kcdietz
on 3/7/13 3:37 am - GA
Thanks. She did mention that could be it.

deemyers
on 3/7/13 3:59 am
VSG on 02/05/13

you are not a wimp. You have a double whammy and surgery is no joke. I am 4 weeks out and feel the same way - sometimes I am doubled over in pain but it does get a wee bit better I think every day. Cant wait for the day I wake up and say - yay! I am GOOD!

Kcdietz
on 3/7/13 5:06 am - GA

So sorry you are still hurting too.  I hope that day comes soon for both of us.

Machelle.K
on 3/7/13 6:12 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

I was hurting into my 3rd week and I continued on pain medication until I was sure it was safe.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

Kcdietz
on 3/7/13 6:24 am - GA

Thank you so much for all your replies.  It really does make me feel better to know that I am not the only one.

Thedivarn
on 3/7/13 8:28 am

Hi, I'm so glad you posted this and even happier for the responses. I was sleeved on 2-25 had my post op visit with the surgeon . My primary complaint is the right sided abdominal pain that I'm having that makes me catch my breath and I'm using a cane for support when ambulatory. Surgeon explained the pain is normal and to be expected and will get better eventually. 

I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views