Ugh...One bite too many...possible NSV???

Christina_G
on 3/14/13 5:20 am - Raytown, MO
VSG on 02/19/13
So I work for an amazing company...Jack Stack BBQ! (Don't worry I work in the shipping division doing customer care so it's not that tempting to eat all of their amazing food) Today the company bought us lunch from the restaurant and I ordered their Yumy grilled shrimp appetizer, It comes with about 10 large shrimp with some kind of Remoulade Sauce (which I skipped) I had ONE peice of shrimp and I am STUFFED and it kind of sucks because it is SOOO good I really want another but I know that it will hurt and come right back up. Guess I'll be having several tiny meals over the next couple of days, if my co-workers don't fini**** off. LOL
I guess this could be a small NSV because before surgery I would have sucked down all of it and stuffed myself as much as I possibly could. Today I knew my limit and I knew not to pu****I'm proud of myself especially with it just sitting here on my desk calling out my name! haha Maybe I shouldn't test my will power right now and go put it up. lol

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

Starting Weight: 317.2; Goal Weight: 160; Surgery Date: 2/19/13

danixbanani
on 3/14/13 5:29 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

GREAT will power!  I'm 5 months out and I still struggle with this "clean plate" syndrome. I don't by any means ever finish my meals but sometimes I do take one bite too many.  It's a struggle but people like you are a true inspiration!  Keep up the good work!

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

Christina_G
on 3/14/13 5:41 am - Raytown, MO
VSG on 02/19/13
Thank you...that made me tear up a bit! I have the same issue with the "clean plate" syndrome. It is so VERY hard and that is why I am so proud of myself. As a kid I was beaten if I didn't finish all of my food for wasting it when "we couldn't afford it in the first place" so it is very trying to see all of the food left. I'm trying to learn to measure out exactly what I can eat so that I don't have a mental breakdown every time I don't finish my food. lol

HA! It just hit me that I need some serious counceling. hehe

With God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

Starting Weight: 317.2; Goal Weight: 160; Surgery Date: 2/19/13

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views