Beginning again...

barbara101
on 4/7/13 8:00 pm - somewhere, OH
Hello again!!!
I am 4 years out from VSG. I have gained 30 lbs back because of uncontrolled carb eating. I am bound and determined to stop binging on the candy in the vending machine in my apt complex and the one at my temp job. I am going to stop keeping change and dollar bills on hand.
I want to lose most by the 25 th of may. My Florida vacation. I am never "hungry" per sae. So all of my weight gain is from emotional eating. I have coffee for breakfast and my eating is pretty good until 3:00 and after 7 pm. I have tried a few things to eat or drink when that craving begins. I am not going to drink chug a bottle of water when this happens. I hate myself for this weakness.
I would like to hear any pointers from you wow have overcame and lost the weight again. What are your daily plans? What do u prepare or eat or not eat and do instead at that 3:00 hour and that evening craving? What do you tale for lunch? Etc. all replies are welcomed!!

Barbara   

stephanieplum
on 4/7/13 11:03 pm, edited 4/8/13 6:08 am
VSG on 06/27/12
I would start my day with breakfast...more than coffee. I have a shake every morning still because its convenient and I like them...Chike Protein Coffee. Weekends, I spent time preparing food for the week. I pre-measure everything and put them in containers so I can grab and go. Go back to basics...protein first. Get your water in. Get rid of the carbs. I log my food everyday ahead of time and try not to deviate from my plan. I use myfitnesspal.com

You might also think about therapy to deal with the emotional eating.

Good Luck!

brilynn79
on 4/7/13 11:15 pm

I am interested to hear responses.  I am 2.5 years out and am up 11 lbs (6 of which have been in the last 2 months).  I am having a hard time breaking the habits.  The more I exercise the more ravenous I am so it defeats the purpose.

I have started Turbo Jam again, hitting my supplements hard, trying to add breakfast, avoid coke, and work on upping protein.  Hoping it peels it back off.

Good luck!

loverofcats
on 4/7/13 11:25 pm, edited 4/7/13 11:25 pm

Eat regular meals, focus on protein and lean green veggies, eliminate soda, bad carbs, candy. Back to basics. Clean eating wins every time. If you know you are eating crap, get rid of it. When you are hungry, eat protein. It will fill you up. No magic here. Log your food.

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 134 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views