6 Weeks Out

rostoswr
on 10/21/13 8:21 am

Hello Sleevers! 

Today is a great day.  I stepped on the scale this morning and I have lost 28 pounds since my surgery exactly 6 weeks ago.  I am still adjusting and taking it easy introducing solid foods.  I am down 2 sizes I believe.  My tops are too big and my pants are all extra baggy and hanging off of me.  I have always had problems finding pants that fit my small thighs.  

I am trying to figure out now If I should start looking into selling my too big clothes at consignments shops that buy-sell-trade.  I am extra picky with used clothes, but willing to give it a shot since I am no where near my goal.  I purchased a sewing machine so I could learn to stitch up my clothes for continuous wear, but learning how to do this hasn't been successful at this time.  Please tell me what you did about your wardrobe as you were losing weight.  

Nikke2003
on 10/21/13 9:20 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I sell all of my pants on EBay... I find I get more money from them there than I do at a consignment shop. However, shirts are tricky. They are harder to sell on Ebay because it isn't worth the shipping amount, unless it's an expensive sweater or something. I will most likely donate shirts, sell them to a consignment shop, or sell multiple ones in a single listeing on Ebay!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

LosingSarah
on 10/21/13 9:34 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Thanks for sharing a great idea!  I'm going to try this once I shrink out of my clothes.

LosingSarah
on 10/21/13 9:35 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

I think I'll rarely buy anything new until I get closer to maintenance unless it's a really good sale.  I'm totally going to be hitting up thrift stores and consignment sales. You can really find some nice things for very good prices.

G5x5
on 10/21/13 9:35 am - VA
Guys point of view:

I gave it all to goodwill and generally wasted no time. I have a variety of stuff I saved as weight rose over the years. As soon as I was able to wear the next size down, basically pants, I gave away the larger size. Shirts can be more forgiving, and stayed longer, but they are gone now. At this point 95% of the stuff I had at surgery is gone.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Lovetocruz
on 10/21/13 1:46 pm - Nashville, NC

Pants can be easy to alter, just make sure you take them up at the center front and back seam.    Most try to take them up on sides, but look and fit much better this way.  Good luck!   

Gail D.
on 10/22/13 2:33 am

I'm 4 weeks post surgery, and although the scale is slower in moving, I'm wearing sizes now I haven't worn in about 15 years. Woot!

I went shopping this weekend at Goodwill and The Salvation Army -- got some work pants -- then hit Kohl's and Target, but ONLY went to the clearance rack. I didn't look at full price or sale items at all. I ended up with 4 new outfits for less than $30.00

I will probably either donate my clothes to Goodwill/Salvation Army, or to my church for their homeless assistance program. Some of the stuff I have is career wear, and could be helpful to a woman trying to find a job.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views