Gotta do the six month diet!!

Lovemycurves
on 10/25/13 7:16 am
Well the reason I was denied was because I didn't do a six month supervised diet. We were told by UHC that it wasn't a requirement but it is. Anywho I'm over it and moving on. Hoping to have surgery by March or April of next year. Any suggestions on things I could be doing during this period to prepare myself for surgery??
LosingSarah
on 10/25/13 7:45 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Glad to hear it will work out for you. I had a six month medically supervised diet and it went by very fast for me.  Before you know it you'll be on "the other side" :)

Lovemycurves
on 10/25/13 7:49 am
Thanks...I was discouraged but I look at it as a little more time to prepare.
mickeymantle
on 10/25/13 9:43 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I had a 6 month  diet then classes and more tests so it took 8 months then I got an infection and had to wait a nineth month but it was well worth the wait

start going to a gym,

start practicing not drinking with meal, and drinking 65 oz of water a day (8 cups)

start measuring and tracking all food ,I use myfitnesspal.com

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Lovemycurves
on 10/25/13 12:55 pm
Thanks for the info!!
pharmagirl_45
on 10/25/13 10:14 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with
March will be here before you know it! I'm hoping my appeal is quick and I can have surgery in December!

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Hislady
on 10/25/13 10:34 am - Vancouver, WA

To journaling your food, I would add a little section to write down why you are eating. Are you actually hungry or reacting to an emotion or some other trigger. That will help you determine whether you are having any psych issues you need to address before surgery. My PCP had me do that and it was surprising sometimes what sent me to the frig and I could walk away knowing I wasn't really hungry.

Lovemycurves
on 10/25/13 1:01 pm
That's great idea. I will start doing that ASAP...Thanks
LeeYaan
on 10/25/13 10:43 am - Sacramento, CA
VSG on 01/30/14

Me too - just got my 'no' response today and I admit I cried.  I'll do what I have to do, but really - I don't know what good 6 months of 'supervised' weight management is going to do that will make a difference compared to the various diets and other medically supervised programs I've been on (just not in the last 12 months.)

So very disappointed and sad for us both.

What You Are Not Changing, You Are Choosing - Laurie Buchanan

Lovemycurves
on 10/25/13 1:06 pm
Don't let it get you down. I think we should use this as an opportunity to prepare our mind body and soul for this surgery. I want to tone up, change some eating habits and lose some weight. The more I think about it's probably for the best.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views