NSV photos: During & one year later

ravenbrown
on 12/2/13 1:41 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I've been hiding out a bit recently.  I'm not having a super easy time of it, work is extremely stressful this time of year and more so this year than years past, I nearly broke my hand two weeks ago at kettlebells which has kept me from doing any type of exercise I really enjoy because of the pain (three docs looked at the X-rays because no one could believe it looked so bad and wasn't actually broken), etc etc etc.  I've also just been really busy with my post-sleeve life.  My social circle has expanded, my life is busier, and I'm trying to figure out a lot of things including near term and longer term goals, my changing relationship and needs with my husband, and my maintenance or if this is maintenance or an extended break.  I've been sick off an on for over three months.  There's been deaths and my best friend OD'd in an attempt to take her own life, and it's really just been a helluva couple of months. 

This weekend, I was putting together my daughter's second year photo book for us and the grandparents, and I was going through all of the photos from the last year.  This really helped drive home how much things have changed.  Not just what I look like and how I dress or the fact that I will actually be in photos, but what we do, how active we are, how much I love my life with her.  I needed to relive it, to reli**** to know that having this surgery in October 2012 was the best decision I made for me, for my family, for our life because even though I'm stressed, sick, hurting, on anti-depressants, I'm still happier than I was before surgery when things were actually easier and much less stressful.  I needed that fresh perspective, and today is a bright, new day. I'm thankful for so many things in my life, but today I'm thankful for me.  I'm thankful that I got out of my own way and had this surgery, I'm thankful that I am proactive and efficient and incredibly determined, I'm thankful that I don't just sit around waiting for things to just happen to me, but rather take the bull by the horns and MAKE things happen for me, I'm thankful that no matter how difficult things are for me, that I have always found a way of picking myself up, dusting myself off and moving forward even if it requires a lot of crying or complaining.  I'm proud of me, and that is OK.  In fact, it's wonderful.  I hope each of you are proud of you too. 

During photo - buying my baby's first Christmas tree (when I finally stopped hiding from the camera bc I didn't want there to be no photos of my daughter and me, about 6 weeks after surgery)

photo 2012-12-01100954copy.jpg

This weekend at the same place

photo photo-20.jpg

Donna3397
on 12/2/13 1:51 am
VSG on 12/18/13

WOW!!!  You look terrific!!!!  Keep up the good work :).  

ravenbrown
on 12/2/13 5:10 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Thanks!

Nikke2003
on 12/2/13 1:56 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

It's so good to hear from you, but I'm so sorry to hear that you're having a rough time! You have done such a fantastic job - I hope you know that! Your baby girl is SO sweet!!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

ravenbrown
on 12/2/13 5:13 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Thank you!  Isn't she, though? She actually is really sweet.  I'm a very lucky woman :)

mimij
on 12/2/13 1:58 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

My sweet friend, you are an amazing beautiful survivor, and despite all the turmoil right now, you will come out refined and fortified. Looks like it was a great day at the Christmas tree farm. Hope you have lots of happy memories. You hardly look old enough to be holding that girl of yours! You look like you could be her big sister. Take care of yourself and I send lots of love and best wishes for happy holidays.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

ravenbrown
on 12/2/13 5:17 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Thanks, hon!  We did have an awesome time.  She loved toddling through all the trees and riding on Daddy's shoulders.  You're so very sweet, and lots of love right back at you.  Muah!

Sandy M.
on 12/2/13 2:40 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

You have done so well!  Hang in there - this time of year is tough, and I sincerely hope that things get better and better for you!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

ravenbrown
on 12/2/13 5:14 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Thanks so much!

TexasTerritory
on 12/2/13 2:52 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Wow you look great. Sorry about life's interference. Hoping things settle down for you and yours soon. Take care

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 398 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views