Protein pancakes

mollz007
on 7/4/14 11:57 am
VSG on 02/20/14

I loove pancakes.... they are one of my favorite comfort food, so lately I have been experimenting with recipes for protein pancakes. I had been just mixing a scoop of protein powder with pancake mix and it is so good, but lately they haven't been turning out greaat so I decided to try one of the recipes on eggface's blog. I decided to make the strawberry cheesecake ones: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/04/strawberry-cheesecake-pancakes.html. They were interesting, I am not a fan of cottage cheese so I was surprised. Has anyone tried them? Are there any other ones (from her site or just in general) that you like? I think I will make these again.

check out my blog!

White Dove
on 7/4/14 8:31 pm - Warren, OH

Get a box of Kodiak Power Cakes.  Beat together one egg and 1/4 cup milk.  Then mix in 1/4 cup of the pancake mix.  This makes three pancakes that fill me up for hours. 

Calories: 190, Carbs:  18, Protein: 15, Fat: 6, Sugars: 2, Fiber: 3

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

happyteacher
on 7/4/14 11:09 pm

Have not tried them, but I remember clearly in the weight loss phase really, really wanting to have pancakes.  I bought a protein mix (proti diet I think) and it got the job done.  I am not one to eat pancakes often, but it was nice to have that as an option every so often.  Since then, my husband has figured out how to make the most delicious pancakes ever of course- but not friendly at all to our eatying style.  Now if I could just figure out how to make an on-plan biscuits and gravy!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

White Dove
on 7/4/14 11:48 pm - Warren, OH

Try some Carbquick biscuits.  I went through a long phase with Carbquick making biscuits and cookies.  It is like using Bisquick, but much more weight loss surgery friendly.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

VSG on 06/12/13

These are my favorites of all I have tried so far. I subbed almond meal for flour. The almond flour isn't cheap, but it gives a nice body to the cakes. This makes 3-4 pancakes, which means "pancakes for one with leftovers", lol. 20 g protein per batch without use of protein powder.

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/breakfastbrunch/pancakeswaff les/high-protein-pancakes-for-one/

The pancakes on this page are tasty but much thinner when they cook:

http://purplerosy.blogspot.com/2012/10/cream-cheese-protein- pancakes.html

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

A. Kondrlik
on 7/6/14 2:36 am
VSG on 01/24/13

Here is what I do

Mix one egg,and one egg white 1/4 cup of oatmeal, serving of chopped fruit, 1/4 oz of walnuts, mix it all together and cook in a sauté pan

OR  mix one egg, 1/4 cup of low fat cottage cheese, serving of fruit some walnuts and cook in a sauté pan

quite a bit of protein and don't have to use the protein powder.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 307 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 354 views