Hot flashes

zballard
on 10/14/14 8:57 am - NYC, NY
VSG on 10/08/14

I hear tell that after VSG surgery one has a tendacy to be cold. I'm desperate to know when that will happen cause I'm sick and tired of these hot flashes. I've taken off all I can and I'm sitting in front of the fan. I'm eating sf popsicle like they are going out of style and I'm HOT!!!! Hot I tell ya!! H O T 

Zee

5ft HW 244 SW      

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/14/14 9:12 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I can't promise anything, but I can tell you that I used to keep my office the temperature of a meat locker prior to surgery because I was always hot.  Now I'm running a floor heater everyday, even when the temp outside is in the 100s, because I'm always cold.  The minute I would come home from work I would take off my clothes and put on something cool.  Now I leave everything on because it keeps me warm.

I had my ovaries removed at the same time as my VSG, and had hot flashes prior to surgery.  Now I can't remember the last time I had a hot flash.  Still have some issues with night sweats, but that's because I insist on sleeping under a down comforter no matter what time of year it is.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Dawn ..
on 10/14/14 9:20 am - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

Zee, I used to never get cold. Now I am freezing all the time. Unfortunately, I still get flashes but not as bad as they used to be.

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

susan88
on 10/14/14 10:07 am
VSG on 08/08/14 with

Zee, I hope your hot days are short lived.  When was your surgery?

At 51 I was  right there with you.  Always warm, night sweats, the whole works.  I slept with the windows open in January. 

I don't know if it was the surgery, elimination of toxins and sugar from my diet or what, but ever since my surgery I am no longer hot.  No more night sweats and this hot mama is now cold. I'm wearing sox around house to keep warm.  I live in Chicago and wore sandals all year long.  What about the surgery or change in metabolism changes our temperature so much? 

zballard
on 10/14/14 12:31 pm - NYC, NY
VSG on 10/08/14

Surgery 10/8/14

5ft HW 244 SW      

hollykim
on 10/14/14 11:39 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

you might still have hot flashes cause that is hormonal. The hot we feel when overweight is directly related to the weight. You may indeed feel cold all the time when you lose,but you may also have jot flashes still,I do,and I am freezing all the time.

weese
on 10/14/14 11:43 am
VSG on 02/26/14

Oh I am cold...Until I have a hot fla**** is quite a pain! About the time I think the hot flashes are finally going away they come back full force. one minute I have my electric blanket on then I have to take it off and that's just when I'm sitting on the couch. At work I have a space heater under my desk that I am turning on and off all day.

Lisa

Surgery 2/26/14 with Dr. Stephen Marshall in Peoria, Il

csbsteph
on 10/14/14 10:12 pm - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

Hi Zee,

I personally went through the change surgically as I had to have a medically necessary hysterectomy about 5 years ago in my 30's & I had the worst hot flashes.  I'd just be out shopping or trying to get ready to go somewhere and BAM sweat pouring, face turning red due to the extreme heat...hot flashes suck!  I tried about 3 or 4 differnt types of hormones back then to help with the flashes but only gained more weight and would still sweat like a pig.  I take estroven mood and memory supplements since my surgery and the hot flashes have thankfully stopped.  You can also take them if you are on a prescribed hormone.  I still get hot maybe once a week and sweat like crazy when I exercise but the terrible flashes I once had have now thankfully stopped and I pray stay away.  As someone mentioned above eating better and ridding the body of bad food toxins makes a difference too I believe.  Sorry my response is long but I feel ya with the flashes and hope yours will subside for you soon. At about 5 months out from surgery seems like I started to not be hot all the time Good luck

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 53 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 53 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 225 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 302 views