Change in Taste

Mathew M.
on 7/18/15 12:58 pm

I heard this was possible but thought it was more common with bypass.  I am shocked because I was never very fond of them before, but now I absolutely love veggies...especially zucchini and yellow squash.  I actually have to remind myself not to eat it first because I can fill up before I finish my protein.  Again, I am amazed but simply steamed zucchini with a pinch of salt is F'n delicious.  I have always been a hard core carnivore, and would choose a steak over any dessert or vegetable...but now I'd take the veg first.

Has anyone else experienced taste bud changes like this?  I'm only 4 weeks out.  Will this change?  I sure hope not.

49 years old, male.

5'11", HW:306, SW:284, CW:194.5, Goal:195lbs.VSG 6/19/15, Dr. Scott Cunneen at Cedars Sinai, Los Angeles.

Kelly L.
on 7/18/15 2:04 pm

I am a good ways out, and this is still true for me, I like a lot of veggies now that I use to hate.   Enjoy the changes!

Dan1962
on 7/18/15 4:22 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

There is one thing on this earth I detest....BEETS!  The taste like crap, their color runs into other things on the plate and they are generally just stupid!  So I was released to start eating vegetables in the fall and I was at this tasting culinary thing.....Not sure if I was happy to have real food or what but they were yummy!  I no longer turn my nose up at them.  I also really disliked radishes in my prior life, not any longer, eat those too.  Although they don't hold a candle to potatoes and corn, It appears to be a good trade.

Donna L.
on 7/18/15 7:22 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

If you have a spiralizer, daikon radish actually makes great fake "pasta"!

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views