GAS Medication?

Linda_S
on 3/29/11 5:02 am - Eugene, OR
 Hey - what was the name of the medication for gas that used to be so prevalently advertised here?  I think it started with a 'D'.  Now that I've got this hypoglycemia going on, I have a medication to block carbs so my sugar won't bottom out if I eat a few.  Problem?  They cause severe gas!  To the point that I don't take them and I don't eat any refined carbs.  Makes for a very boring diet.  I can't believe that the stuff was on here every single day for probably two years, and now I can't find it.  Probably because it makes you grow a tail or a third ear or something!    Does anyone remember?

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Emily F.
on 3/29/11 5:48 am
Are you thinking a probiotic like Primal Defense or Digestive Advantage Gas Formula?
fllmom
on 3/29/11 4:40 pm - Hollywood, FL
I think it is Darvon.
Ladytazz
on 3/29/11 6:11 am
Are you thinking of Devrom? It doesn't help with the gas just the smell.
phred
on 3/29/11 6:18 am - CO
Whether constant or just episodic,
If your bowel sounds aren't melodic,
And you sometimes will howl,
From a cramp, and cry foul,
What you need is an antispasmodic!

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

Linda_S
on 3/29/11 6:50 am - Eugene, OR
Right now I'm using Beano and Gas-X.  The digestive enzymes generally contain too much pancreatase, and then I really have a hard time keeping my blood sugar up.  

No wonder they stopped advertising Devrom.  Who cares about the smell if you're still toot-tooting around the place?  I guess I'll stick to vegetables and protein.  

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/11 8:43 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah, but if you're no longer "deadly" you can at least be comfortable!

I use Devrom still, because Beano seems to make me bloat up.  That isn't any help at all and is uncomfortable besides!

Good luck!
Whacka Doodle
on 3/29/11 1:18 pm, edited 3/29/11 1:20 pm
Devrom! Taken with GAS-X. The Devrom de-stinkifies the gas, and the Gas-X is a de-foaming agent that makes it easier to pass the gas, and not bloat.

Get the capsules, not the tablets. The tablets are made with sugar alcohols, and they'll kill you. Dead.

I take two capsules twice a day, and my poop and gas are now ever-fresh!

ETA -- This is the editing data that OH saved for me when I first edited it:

Interested in low-carb nutrition?  Thinking of trying Atkins? Want to try high-fat and/or high-protein eating?  Whether or not you have had (or are thinking about) WLS   http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/   

Linda_S
on 3/29/11 1:37 pm - Eugene, OR
 So, you're telling me your poop doesn't stink?  LOL  

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/11 9:06 am - Santa Cruz, CA
That's right!!! Nor the vaporous emissions, either!
Most Active