Revision

Alice B.
on 4/21/11 12:15 pm - NC
How do you know when a revision is needed? I will be 2 years post op in Oct....I'm gaining...
Alice B                
Lady Lithia
on 4/21/11 12:26 pm
First thing yhou want to do is schedule an appointment iwth your surgeon so he can take a look to see how your pouch and stoma are

While you are waiting for that appointment you should start tracking your food and liquid intake

If you are drinking with meals, you need to stop..... you might find that drinking with meals (if you are) has led you to get hungry much sooner, and so you can try to eliminate that habit (if you are doing it, ignore if you follow this rule)..... not drinking for thirty minutes post meal can help you out

If your meals aren't solid dense proteins frst you might want to try to alter it up to make sure that you are getting in foods that will help you to be satisfied longer

If your surgeon sees a mechanical defect (stretched pouch/stoma) then he'll discuss possible courses of action.

If you want, you ccan post your daily food log here, and get some good pointers on how to tighten up what you are eating so you ccan have greater success,

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Alice B.
on 4/21/11 12:38 pm - NC
thank you so much for the info, I will start working on it... 

Most Active