Jumped out of 4 year stall with lightening speed! Pics in profile.

Carrie N.
on 5/5/11 1:32 pm - Pigeon Forge, TN

Still cannot figure this out.  Lost 150 lbs, low weight around 230, gained 20, settled in for 4 years around 250.  I am tall and was comfortable with that.  I had no problems with planes, roller coasters, booths or buying clothes.  Then, in December, started losing again.  Down to around 145 and a size 10.  CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY!   My appetite came back with a HUGE vengeance and it seems like the more I eat, the more I lose.  I eat brisket and burgers and steak every day.  I drink whole milk (but also a LOT of Crystal Light, and I have never had a non-diet soda, pre or post surgery).  I love a baked potato the size of my head with lots of butter, cheese and sour cream.  I snack on high fat cheese.  I eat anything I want any time I want.  I fired up the grill at 2 am the other night to toast marshmallows.  I go to Dollywood all the time and always have the steak and cheese, homemade french fries, fried banana pudding, Dippin' Dots, anything I want. 

YES!  I have been to the doctor.  My glucose was 70, LDL 81, HDL 67, blood pressure 100/60.  My BMI is 20, down from about 55 pre-surgery.  The only problem was that I am anemic.  I am on folic acid and get B12 shots.  I am otherwise very healthy, according to more than one doctor (internist, gastroenterologist and hematologist). 

I have NEVER exercised in my life, but someone challenged me to a treadmill race at the gym (where I go only to watch my son swim, never to actually exercise) and, never being one to turn down a challenge, I won, finishing a mile in 8:12. 

Sorry for the long post, but I am puzzled.  Is this normal?  Has this happened to anyone else?  This has to end soon, right?

Thanks!

Carrie

Carrie
385/199 goal/139 current
6' Tall
bmi 18.8  - 1 LB AWAY FROM BEING UNDERWEIGHT  

Surgery Date 8/2/2005
Mary Catherine
on 5/5/11 2:01 pm
 Nope, not normal, but what we all dream about.  
Ladytazz
on 5/5/11 3:36 pm
Isn't that the truth.  The only way I would lose weight without eating less is if you cut off one of my limbs.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Carrie N.
on 5/5/11 3:40 pm - Pigeon Forge, TN
Strange as it sounds, and never thought I would say this, but almost starting to feel "too thin."  I am far from my family, so have not seen them in a while, but they were shocked by photos.  I weigh less than my 10 year old, and less than I weighed in the 4th grade.  My hanging belly and bat wings are even going away.  I thought they would get worse and worse the more I lost, especially since I don't have any special skin care routine and don't exercise. 

I am NOT complaining. :)  Better going in this direction than the other!
Carrie
385/199 goal/139 current
6' Tall
bmi 18.8  - 1 LB AWAY FROM BEING UNDERWEIGHT  

Surgery Date 8/2/2005
Kim_M
on 5/5/11 9:09 pm - LaPorte, TX
Wow Hope I can catch what you have

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
needtoloseweight
on 5/5/11 11:40 pm - Oxon Hill, MD
Congratulations to you!  As long as the doctor say there is nothing wrong then celebrate the loss!  I wish something would kick in with my weight loss.

Pupcake !.
on 5/6/11 1:33 am - Stranded in, IA
Did he check your thyroid?

Pup
Most Active