Has anyone ever submitted their own paperwork to insurance?

ADW222
on 5/19/11 12:37 pm - ENCINO, CA
I am soooooooooo over my surgeons insurance lady its not even funny. I am at the point of getting an LOMN form another doctor and submitting everything myself. I.Have anyone else done so? How long did it take? Was it hard to do?
abejita
on 5/19/11 2:04 pm - dallas, TX
If your surgeon's office isn't willing to help you with the insurance, maybe you should look at other surgeons. It is the insurance lady's job to submit your insurance. Also, the LOMN doesn't come from your surgeon, it usually comes from your pcp or some other dr other than your bariatric surgeon.

I'm 5'4"      SW 220 / CW 130 / GW 115
ADW222
on 5/19/11 2:09 pm - ENCINO, CA
I would switch surgeons but I have already went 3 month into a now six month diet due to miscommunucation on the insurance and insurance lady parts. They say they have sent one in but it was written incorrectly. So I plan to go to another doctors office outside who they work with.
Lady Lithia
on 5/19/11 4:17 pm
*In August, 2007, my surgeon's office submitted my paperwork to the insurance company

I was denied, I had to do the six month supervised diet, and had only four years of weight loss records, needed a fifth year.

I heard lots of nasty rumours about the surgeon I'd selected, so I switched surgeons while I was doing the six month supervised dieting.

At the end of my six month supervised diet, I had only to submit a new letter from my PCP and the records of the six month supervised diet to hopefully get approved.

The new surgeon's office had the information from the 10th of January..... and kept NOT submitting it

I finally got sick and tired of them not submitting it, AND I had a copy of the only information the insurance company needed, AS WELL AS access to a fax machine. My impatience got the best of me.

I submitted on February 13th after business hours.

By 10 am the next day the OLD surgeon's office was calling me to schedule surgery (since they were the only surgeon on record with the insurance, that was who was contacted).

I had to call the surgeon's office, and give the surgery scheduler all the information, then call the insurance back and give them all the particulars (what surgeon, what hospital, what date, etc)

I did all the work. I don't think it's necessarily WISE.... but that is what I did.

The surgery scheduler lady walked out of her job not long afterwards (but not before she'd royally messed up the paperwork...... she buried  certain paperwork so that the surgeon did NOT get paid for performing MY surgery....they discovered the error AFTER the insurance company's deadilne for making a claim)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

ADW222
on 5/19/11 4:26 pm - ENCINO, CA
So what happen as far as the surgeon getting paid? Did you come out of pocket?
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/19/11 8:50 pm
Usually if they can't bill the insurance they can't bill the patient either. The doc just does not get paid.  My guess is if the lady had not walked off the job she would have been fired.

Winnie

DebsGiz
on 5/19/11 8:40 pm - FL

You may want to sit down and write the doctor a note, telling him exactly what is taking place and how frustrated you are.  When you send it to him, put "personal and confidential" on the envelope as this increases the chances of him personally receiving it. 

Most Active