2 1/2 years out and doing great!

Kristi K.
on 6/3/11 2:36 am - Green Lane, PA
I haven't posted in a while but I just had my  2 1/2 year checkup and all my labs are perfectly normal!
It is easy sometimes when surgery was so long ago to kinda take some things for granted, but I never want to forget where I was 2 1/2 years ago-uncontrolled diabetes and the awful symptoms from it, sleep apnea, cholesterol literally off the charts, with good cholesterol not even measurable. Close to 340 pounds and heading down a road of medical complications and death.
Yes, I have regained 15 lbs from my lowest weight, but I have come to terms with the fact that I am going to be a  HEALTHY lg/x-lg gal, not the med.size that I aspired to! Still WAAAY better than unhealthy 4x!
Those of you just starting this journey...at this point it is not easy -I could easily overeat and regain even more- I have to be vigilant about my food intake, fluids, journaling, support group and exercise to maintain where I am-but it is SO WORTH IT!
Just had to share-I am so grateful for the chance this surgery gave me to LIVE the rest of my my life, instead of just letting life happen.

Carpe Diem
on 6/3/11 2:50 am - Canada
Thank you for your inspiring post and for setting our expectations. I wish you continued success!
Koko M.
on 6/3/11 8:29 am - Albany, CA
Yes, thanks so much.

After the novelty of weight loss wears off, there's always a lurking fear that regain (I mean serious regain) is the other shoe you're waiting to hear drop.

It means a lot to hear from people well past the losing stage who are doing well and maintaining.

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

Lorrainecma
on 6/3/11 10:01 am
Thanks for sharing!!!! You have done wonderful!!!!!

I can only hope to as well!!
CarolinaJerseyGirl
on 6/3/11 12:14 pm
What a great post. So glad to hear you've done well. Actually more than well. Thanks for the insight for down the road. I am also very greatful and blessed to have been able to have WLS.
Sandy  

Most Active