pouch test

mickey3810
on 6/2/11 6:16 am - cedar key, FL
i cant seem to find where the info is on the pouch diet people  have talked about in the past havent been on here in awhile & its a 5 day thing or something like that to get you back on track..any info would be appreciated. thanx  

the only way up is to stop looking down!!

Susan S.
on 6/2/11 6:19 am - Roselle, NJ
Never head of a DS doing the pouch test.....if I'm not mistaken it's specifically for post RNY. I could be wrong though. Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

MacMadame
on 6/2/11 6:53 am - Northern, CA
It's just a crash diet. So there is no reason anyone couldn't use it even someone without surgery.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

steve D.
on 6/2/11 6:48 am - West Fargo, ND
Really does not matter.  All it is is going back into ketosis by taking in protein only.  Start out on liquid and work up.  Some one will splash the web site for you, I am sure.

Steve

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/11 7:05 am
On June 2, 2011 at 1:48 PM Pacific Time, steve D. wrote:
Really does not matter.  All it is is going back into ketosis by taking in protein only.  Start out on liquid and work up.  Some one will splash the web site for you, I am sure.

Steve
As I replied to the op, I do not believe the 5 day pouch test would be appropriate for a DSer. We have a much more powerful malabsorbtion component and do not need to go into ketosis or a crash diet to get back on track.
Judi J.
on 6/2/11 6:54 am - MN
I think some folks have done nothing but protein shakes for 5 days to try and get their restriction back and beat the carb monster.

But I agree with Susan, it seems like most DSers just go really low carb and things seem to settle out.

Sorry I don't have more info either, I've just tried to amp up my exercise, quit drinking diet pop (except for the one I'm drinking right now lol) and knock off the junk food. I feel a lot healthier when I do this and I'm slowly seeing results.

I'm not counting carbs though. I eat protein bars so I know I'm eating some.

good luck to you!

(deactivated member)
on 6/2/11 6:59 am
On June 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM Pacific Time, mickey3810 wrote:
i cant seem to find where the info is on the pouch diet people  have talked about in the past havent been on here in awhile & its a 5 day thing or something like that to get you back on track..any info would be appreciated. thanx  
I do not believe that the 5 day pouch test is suitable for the nutritional needs of a DSer. Please post on the DS forum. You may want to post on the daily vites, bites, and exercites thread to get advice. www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/
(deactivated member)
on 6/2/11 11:46 am
5daypouchtest.com    I think.
Most Active