"Too thin" for desired tattoo........

Carrie N.
on 7/7/11 6:12 am - Pigeon Forge, TN

but i got one anyway. :)

I really wanted a tattoo on my shoulder, but after visiting 3 studios in the area, they all told me my shoulders were much too thin and it would be really, really painful.  I went to the 4th shop, determined, and they told me the same, so I settled for one on my lower calf (that hurt, too, so glad I didn't go with the shoulder).  Pretty happy with it.  I got one 125 lbs ago on my upper back, no pain at all and I LOVE it.  If anyone is thinking about it, I recommend doing it when there is still some padding. ;)

Carrie
385/199 goal/139 current
6' Tall
bmi 18.8  - 1 LB AWAY FROM BEING UNDERWEIGHT  

Surgery Date 8/2/2005
skinnyinside33
on 7/7/11 7:18 am - Prairieville, LA
ok tell your secret how did you lose the rest of your weight after so many years of being out from surgery?
Carrie N.
on 7/7/11 7:33 am - Pigeon Forge, TN
It's weird.  I never did anything right.  I ate what I wanted and didn't exercise.  Last year, around thanksgiving, I started having abdominal pain, which I, of course, ignored until it got to the point I could barely stand up and was in agony.  I thought maybe it was a hernia, gas, overeating, not sure.  Ended up in ER and it was fluids.  They drained 15 lbs twice and put me on meds, so all of the weight I have lost recently is fluid.  Now I am annoyed.  I had been eating so little, could not figure out why I wasn't losing for the longest.  Problem is, I have been eating like a horse for months, anything and everything in sight, per the recommendations of 3 doctors, and continue to lose.  Their solution always involves more food, whole mil**** cream, more snacking, etc.  I am just worried one day I will wake up to find it finally caught up with me, but for now, struggling to keep it on.
Carrie
385/199 goal/139 current
6' Tall

Surgery Date 8/2/2005
skinnyinside33
on 7/7/11 7:48 am - Prairieville, LA
I said a prayer hope they find something to stable you out.
kahlana
on 7/7/11 11:48 am, edited 7/7/11 11:48 am - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
I just had a tat done on my shoulder blade in Feb. and even though I have plenty of padding on there it still hurt like fire. That is a tough spot because the nerves are so close to the surface but whatev. the pain was worth it and I loooooove my tattoo

Photobucket

My Blog My Facebook

Carrie N.
on 7/7/11 3:10 pm - Pigeon Forge, TN
Wow, that is beautiful!  So colorful.  That must've taken a while.  I have no patience!  The donkey on my calf took about an hour and a half and I was squirming.  The other one was about 3 hrs because the artist liked smoking breaks, which was fine with me.  It looks great!
Carrie
385/199 goal/139 current
6' Tall

Surgery Date 8/2/2005
(deactivated member)
on 7/7/11 9:06 pm
Ok, I got to admit-i love the keep left tat.
Most Active