gaining weight unsure why !!!!

grannygrape
on 7/13/11 2:48 pm - Gervais, OR
I was 105 to 115 and held that for 7yrs, and all of a sudden i started gaining i am now 152# how can i jump start my losing weight again?This is really stressing me out.
i had my surgery in 2000 and i have been doing great,but now i have been diagnosed with copd,and fealing kinda yuckey,I have been staying right aroung110 to 120 and now i have shot up to 145,no change in my diet or exercise,will more proteine help or what? I dont want to gain any more! Help Linda
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/11 3:42 pm
What surgery did you have? Do you take vitamins, and when were your last labs drawn?
grannygrape
on 7/13/11 3:52 pm - Gervais, OR
I had the gastric in 2000,yes i take multi vit,calcium,biotin,vit b and also vit b injections'i take iron and fiber exc.last month was blood work'do tou think i should go to a gastric Dr;?
i had my surgery in 2000 and i have been doing great,but now i have been diagnosed with copd,and fealing kinda yuckey,I have been staying right aroung110 to 120 and now i have shot up to 145,no change in my diet or exercise,will more proteine help or what? I dont want to gain any more! Help Linda
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/11 4:00 pm
On July 13, 2011 at 10:52 PM Pacific Time, grannygrape wrote:
I had the gastric in 2000,yes i take multi vit,calcium,biotin,vit b and also vit b injections'i take iron and fiber exc.last month was blood work'do tou think i should go to a gastric Dr;?
That's a start. You will also want to take a good look at your labs. Certain deficiencies, such as D, have been associated with regain.

Best of luck.
grannygrape
on 7/13/11 5:18 pm - Gervais, OR
Just my inhailer,but i dont use that every day
MsBatt
on 7/14/11 5:06 am
What's your oxygen saturation like? Low O2 levels will slow your metabolism. I know it's harder than ever, but now is the time that you MUST do regular exercise, like walking. A LOT.
Tammy G.
on 7/13/11 4:35 pm
RNY on 06/16/11 with
With COPD you haven't been put on any steroids lately, have you? That will balloon you up quick as a horned toad.

Distal RNY 6/11 SW 456  CW 311 Complications: Small bowel strangulation 12/23/2012, non healing surgical incision--ongoing.  Still.

MarciRenee
on 7/13/11 9:21 pm, edited 7/13/11 9:28 pm - IA

When you say you had "the gastric" I am assuming you mean Gastric Bypass or RNY, correct? 

What is your diet like?  What are you eating?  How much?  Have you changed what/how much you are eating recently?  What is your liquid intake?  What meds are you taking for the COPD?  When was the last time you had your labs run and saw the doc?

You do know that your body will essentially make up for most of the malabsorption of your surgery and that you will be absorbing most of all the calories you eat, after 3-5 years (assuming you DID have RNY).  This could explain your weight gain.

OR your body has decided that 105-115 is far too low for you to weigh.  What is your height?

Marci       
grannygrape
on 7/14/11 1:02 pm - Gervais, OR
I had the RNY in july 2000 and have had no problems at all That is why i am so confused????Maybe this is where my body is saying this is where i should be?Really???I"m 5"3 and no ,the doc put me on inhalers for my copd and i dont use them all the time maybe once a week,so who the hell knows whats going on with my body??I sure dont,I would like to find some thing to kick start it so i can start loosing again,i am so mad at my self,and i have no idea why,Can some one offer a good start for loosing this excess weight,thanks
MsBatt
on 7/14/11 3:59 pm
Why do you only use your inhalers once a week? Shouldn't you be using them every day?
Most Active