no weight loss for two weeks

Roberts70
on 7/26/11 3:44 am - NC
Hi Everyone

I need some assistance, I had gastric bypass on June 22, with post op diet up to two weeks ago I have lost 40lbs. Now the last two weeks I have not lost a pound, im drinking water, eating small portions but still working on getting all of my protein daily. Any suggestions on why Im not dropping any more weight?

Lisarn1
on 7/26/11 4:14 am - Raleigh, NC
Let your body catch up to itself. 40 Lbs in less than a month is phenomonal, but your body needs time to adjust. Stay on the meal plan your surgeon and NUT have given you, and don't try to manipulate it. Lastly, STAY OFF THE SCALE! It'll only make you crazy. See where you are in a week. The most important thing is to stay on course.
Much Luck
Lisa

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

TNgal_Knoxville
on 7/26/11 4:18 am - Knoxville, TN

Hi Sweetie, Please remember we didn't get fat over night. Please don't get discoraged, you are just starting out.
Congrats on your surgery! From what I have read...it takes Time for the new stomach to adjust and not everyone drops the pounds right off the bat. I would suggest keep your food diary, along with drinking the water which sounds like you are doing.
Are you exercising at all? That may help even if you  just walk more today than you did yesterday. No matter how far or long..the key is movement from what I have read,
Keep in touch.
Blessings

May the wind always be at your back and the shinning sun be on your face.
Connie

T. Deeds
on 7/26/11 5:13 am
What you're experiencing is totally normal!  Just stick with the guidelines your surgeon gave you!

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/11 6:01 am
Throw your scale in the trash, and you will lose.
walterswife
on 7/26/11 7:48 am
You are doing great!  What is happening to you is totally normal.  Your body is in shock and needs time to adjust. Just follow the plan.

More than anything, get a huge dose of patience........you are going to need plenty of it along the way.

Best to you.  You will do fine.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Roberts70
on 7/26/11 9:14 am - NC
Ok guys I will be patient.  I was just enjoying the weight loss and the way my body was feeling. Thank you guys!

MsBatt
on 7/26/11 1:46 pm
First, throw away your scales. Then, read this thread---it will explain EXACTLY why you haven't lost weight the past two weeks:  www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/3736599/ATTENTION-EARLY-OUTS -Yes-You-WILL-34Stall34/page,1/action,replies/
Roberts70
on 7/27/11 12:31 am - NC
Thank you so much for this post.  I really feel so much better, i thought I was doing something wrong and was ready to call my doctor lol!. Again thank you.

MsBatt
on 7/27/11 1:31 am
It peeves me that doctors don't TELL people about this---it would save so much worry and grief. Ah well, they're good at cutting. (*grin*)

I never had even ONE stall. Want to know my secret?

Wait for it---

I didn't own any scales. (*grin*) I weighted ONLY at my doctor's office, every three months or so, and every time I weighted, I'd lost a number of pounds. Between times, I could tell that my clothes were getting looser, so knew I must be doing the right thing.
Most Active