ORANGE NAILS

angie51
on 8/22/11 12:00 pm - Dallas, GA
Has anyone ever noticed their nails turning orange?  Could this be a vitamin deficiency?  I ran out of ADEC a few months ago and know I need to be taking them.  Was just trying to wait till blood work comes back any day now but feeling like I screwed up.  Please dont scream at me and I know I screwed uo and will be getting some tomorrow.  It is not worth being cheap about.

Dave Chambers
on 8/22/11 1:12 pm - Mira Loma, CA
I plan ahead to make sure I don't run out of supplements. I normally buy 6 months at a time of the daily supplements I need.  Usually shipping cost is reduced or free, depending on vendor.  My nails had an orange tint over 30 years ago--but I tried a "tanning pill" that caused it--it appeared I had a nice tan, but my palms of my hands and the bottom of my feet turned orange too. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/22/11 1:20 pm
Could be, I hope you haven't gone too many months without your AEDK. DSers really need to be on top of their vitamins, I'm not screaming at ya but I'm guessing you were aware about how important they are and that there's no excuse for not taking them.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

MsBatt
on 8/23/11 12:14 am
No clue about the orange nails---try Google. But about the ADEKs---they're not very good vites. Order your A, D, and K as individual pills from Vitalady and you'll be getting much better supplementation. (I don't know about E, as I don't take any.)
H.A.L.A B.
on 8/23/11 12:28 am
Self tanning pills and orange tint to the skin sometimes indicate too much beta carotene that is not converted into vit A. RNY and DS- we need vita A not as beta carotene. Google that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/11 3:21 am
Just throwing this out there too- have you been using any strengthening nail polish or polish in general? Some of them (esp the ones for thickening up nails, tend to slowly turn them yellow or in my case- orange!)
Most Active