did anyone get pregnant right away after surgery?

Chickenboob
on 8/28/11 10:53 am - Rockland, Canada

I was just wondering. I certainly don't want to  myself and I have taken steps to avoid it, but I was interested in hearing from people who were caught, as they say and how things turned out.

Thanks,

Kirsten

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

M M
on 8/28/11 12:19 pm
 Do. not. do. this.

It is not advised to carry a fetus during massive weight loss.
Chickenboob
on 8/28/11 12:44 pm - Rockland, Canada
I am definitely not, but I have a fear of birth control not working, even though were using 2 methods. I was just wanting to learn from other people's experiences.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

M M
on 8/28/11 12:48 pm
 Quite often -- miscarriage.  For me -- twice in a row.

I was again pregnant in 2006, delivered in 10/2006, and I didn't fare well during pregnancy.

I am a big proponent of WAITING until you are done losing weight, and stable, in maintainence and eating a decent amount of calories.  
PatXYZ
on 8/28/11 1:51 pm
I don't know what you're using, but keep in mind that the pill won't work for you now. You need depo, an IUD and/or a barrier method.
JENNI-8yrsPostOP
on 8/29/11 2:07 am
I'm glad you KNOW you need 2 forms of birth control post op. We are very fertile after and completely ill equipped to handle a healthy pregnancy. MY doc insists on 2 forms of birth control
after wls. (He only does RNY). Women on the pill are tested often to make sure it's being absorbed, and also have to have another method inplace. I had a few girlfriends who became
pregnant too soon after wls and one had a terrible pregnancy, and although her son seems ok
he's very low weight and development for his age, the oher had a daughter and despite seeing a high risk OB/GYN doc during her pregnancy (she got pg 6 months post op) her daughter was born with many deficiencies-mental and physical. I do know there are a few on here who have had babies early out and they were fine, but for me I'd never take the chance of hurting my baby, not giving it all it should have for optimum growth and development or having a child that has problems just because I couldn't wait. My doc says at least 2 yrs before getting pregnant and that seems reasonable to ensure a happy, healthy baby.
Jen 9 yrs post op.
Challenger
on 8/29/11 11:01 am - TX
 No, I did not. Thank you for asking.

Mike
 "God makes the wind. We set the sails."
krislbt41
on 8/29/11 10:14 pm - Center Line, MI
As stupid as this may sound my husband and I tried the rhythm method and now I'm a month late!! I'm nervous because even though I always had absent periods before my surgery due to my weight I did however started it a week after my surgery....now this month nothing as of yet.  I got my fingers crossed that Aunt Flo will come today or tomorrow...never thought I would want her visit and her kicking (cramps) at my door but I'll welcome it!

Most Active