Breast Augmentation questions.

Maryanne L.
on 9/11/11 1:31 pm - Stockton, CA
 Hello all, I'm looking into having breast implants.  I have a consult with a surgeon in a few weeks and wanted to know if any of you had any tips for me.  What to ask, implant position, Silicone vs Saline, are you happy with yours if you have had it done etc.  Any help would be wonderful.  Thank you for taking the time to respond.
~ Maryanne
10 months post RNY
120 pounds lost and within 7 pounds of goal weight.
mustangslly
on 9/12/11 3:21 am - greenfield, IN
First of all, I would recommend that you make sure the Plastic Surgeon is Board Certified and really do your homework on the surgeon.  He/She should offer, but ask to see the surgeon's "before and after" photos of patients that they have performed breast augmentation on.

I had Saline implants and had them placed under the chest muscles.  (I feel that mammograms are able to detect abnormalities easier if the implants are under the muscle).  My surgeon had me "insert" different sizes of implants in my bra to get an idea of what I would look like.  I ended up getting the smallest implants which made me a C cup.

I am so happy with my "girls" and would do it again in a heart beat.  They are GORGEOUS! (If I do say so myself)  :)

Good Luck!

If I lived on the moon, I would only weigh 24.4 pounds.

Most Active