Weird Side Effect

AlysbluesGA
on 9/17/11 2:23 am
Hi Everyone,

I had my RNY in 2005. I havent had too many complications other than my B12 and Iron are always low, but I have had HUGE problems taking any kind of narcotic mediation - From Codine to Vicidin/Percacet/Lortab in either a pain killer or cough medicine. I first discover this when I had my wisdom teeth removed and again when I had a hysterectomy. I get a really sharp cyclical pain in my chest ( fells almost like it is my heart that hurts) about 40 minutes after I take the medicine.  Ive been to the hospital with it and the doctor. Ive even had an endoscopy ( small hyadial hernia & my stomach looked irritated, but no ulcers) .I currently take 40mg of Nexum daily, but I still have problems. It's makes any accident/injury/illness very daunting because the only safe thing I can take is Tylenol and well, that really doesnt take the edge off of things when have had a hysterectomy or absess tooth!!!

Have anyone of you had anything similar???

demurebutterfly
on 9/17/11 6:08 am - Lima, OH
I found out right after surg in 2009 that I couldn't take Oxcy at all, I was readmitted to ER 4 days after surg. with involuntary muscle spasms, halucinations confusion. Then 6 months later I was put on ULtram for kidneystones, when I couldn't take that they put me on Dilaudid.  I was admitted again when they gave it to me , I had the same symptoms but it was worse than oxcy I couldn't even function I had to have help to the bathroom.  They did give me Nubane that worked great BUT the moment they gave me it I got really loopy and couldn't think straight with in 15 min it was better, but still a littl loopy.  (I told them if that is what it is like to get I high I am glad I never did)  I know that I was told that the medications will effect me differently now.  It is still a pain when I am in pain I cant take certian drugs.  Tylenol does not even touch the pain.

Beverly

Most Active