Product Review - Pillsbury Sugar Free Brownie Mix

So Blessed!
on 9/20/11 5:47 am, edited 9/20/11 5:49 am
To DIE for!   

I bought the chocolate fudge flavor and added a tablespoon of cocoa to the mix because I like chocolate with my chocolate.  
                      Pillsbury® Sugar Free Brownies
Baked in a mini muffin pan, you get 24 servings from the box.  They took around 20 minutes to bake and came out of the pan easily.  The texture was crunchy on the outside with a gooey deep chocolate center.

Very satisfying. 

Per serving (approximates)
Calories: 76
Carbs: 12 g (includes 4g Sugar Alcohol)
Fat: 4 g

walterswife
on 9/20/11 6:00 am
Sounds yummy!  I am going to pick some up today.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

So Blessed!
on 9/21/11 12:29 am

I brought one in to work with me so I can have dessert with my lunch.
StaceyC1965
on 9/20/11 6:04 am
So Blessed!
on 9/20/11 6:31 am

Hey, whatever works for you!   It's all good. 

I'm working on getting rid of some regain, so I'm carving off calories wherever I can right now.  When I have a little bit of wiggle room I'll probably splurge every once in a while.
StaceyC1965
on 9/20/11 8:01 am
So Blessed!
on 9/20/11 10:32 pm

I can't do sugar alcohols in large amounts.  Bad things happen... 

(deactivated member)
on 9/20/11 9:36 pm, edited 9/21/11 12:15 am
 I haven't looked at that box ...  so this  is totally off the cuff   but  my PERSONAL experience is  that I  can bake ANYTHING   in the world fat free  andsugar free  very easily .   As long as its fresh  absolutey NONE  of my guests over the years have  ever been even ableto tell the difference  ....  and everyone scarfs down my food so it  must taste good .

Sugar free  mixes , recipes and repackaged baked goods are often very high in fat  .

Even if theyre  somewhat low per serving ...  theyre still   high-blood-sugar inducing because  of the  sweetness .

So Ur body  is predisposed to grab  some of that fat and  put it back into Ur now emptied   fat cells .  

I  find i can eat  fat free  sweets occasionally without gaining  but NEVER   fatty ones  .  Just saying ... 

I use Dr. Oetkers ' organic  low sugar and 100 % fat free  brownie mix myslef .   Its VERY chocaltey and  not  sweet at all.    Usually I add  real vanilla and splenda  to taste . 

Dr.Oetketrs also makes an AMAZING   fat free chocolate chip  cookie mix that  comes AWESOME made with fat free  promise margarine and butter buds and brown sugar splenda  and vanilla.   

Real toll house cookies  .. REALLY   fat free  and low sugar .   

So Blessed!
on 9/21/11 11:00 pm

I've been eating one every day and just lost another half pound.    I'm happy.
tee t.
on 9/21/11 8:42 am
If I eat crap food (or should I say, when?) I am going for the real deal. Real chocolate, real sugar, real cream or whatever.  It is more filling and more satisfying.  and I know when enough is enough, most of the time.

One thing I have learned in the 25 years sine WLS is that crap food is crap food is crap food and it always comes with a price.

These mixes and sugar-frees make me crave....and fall on my face.

As I sit here, all 5'10 of me in size 8 pants, I still think nothing tastes as good as this feels.

best to you.

tee
JIB 1986
revised to RNY 2004
plastics 2004,2006, 2009
Most Active