2yr Surgiversary!

CAnutfarmer
on 9/26/11 2:15 am
It's been two years since i had RNY WLS. I lost a total of 92 lbs, but never quite made it to goal. My lowest was 162 lbs, but at around 15 months post op i gained 10 pounds. That also is about the time that i added more breads (carbs) and a few sweets back into my diet. For the past nine months i have stayed between 173-177. I'm doing pretty good there. Wearing size 10-12 pants and large tops. Exercising 5-6 days a week and even running! Ran my first 5K and 1/2 marathon this year! 2 yrs ago i never would have even thought of walking that far. My knees and feet would ache too much. Now with the weight gone, i can enjoy whatever activity i want to. This surgery gave me back my life! I feel good in my own skin again!

I'm still learning what i can and can't eat. Too many carbs give me a whoosie feeling and make me sleepy (carb coma). I still dump (which is a good thing) so i really limit the sweets and high fat foods. I'm not going to lie....sometimes i'd really like to pig out on a donut or cookies, but that's the old me. I have this wonderful tool to keep me in check.

After 2 years i'm into a routine and feel like a normal sized person. I eat a normal portion of food which sometimes seems like a lot, depending on what it is. I can eat a lot of salad, but give me some meat and not so much...LOL

For any of you newbies out there that are doubting your decision, just give it time. Everything starts to resemble normalcy around 6 months and keeps getting better from there.

Don't forget to take your vitamins!!

Best,
Sherrie

HW 254 SW 247 CW 162 GW 145  

First 5K                                        37:48
First Trail 1/2 Marathon            3hr 30min
First Regular 1/2 Marathon     3hr 7min
1/2 Marathon 5/20/12               3hr 6min
Dragonryder2
on 9/26/11 4:31 am - NM
Hiya Canutfarmer;

I'm out there all the time as my mom lives in Hanford.

What part of Ca do you have your orchard (s) in?

Maybe sometime we could meet and compare notes.
glzgowlass
on 9/26/11 6:34 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
You are what I define as a success story.  Congrats. 

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

AnneGG
on 9/26/11 7:26 am
Woot woot!!! You look terrific!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

munchkin006
on 9/29/11 9:05 pm - orange park, FL
Hi Sherri,
I too am two years out, lost 95 lbs, but gained 20 back and now so confused on how to eat. Are you high protein diet?  No whites ? I mean bread, rice, etc.  I am addicted to saltine crackers for some reason and stopped for a week and just bought more.  I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Karen
Most Active