Grrrrrr.....Grazing!

tamara55
on 10/7/11 7:10 am
Am I the only one who has a problem with grazing? (stupid question)
It makes it difficult because I'm home all day and I love cooking and creating recipes.

I wish I had a magic  to help me subdue the grazing monster! 
poet_kelly
on 10/7/11 8:30 am - OH
I used to.  Now, though, I don't drink when I eat so if I drink a lot during the day, I can't graze.  It also helps me that I eat every few hours.  I can look at the clock and tell myself it will be time for my next meal or snack in less than an hour and I just need to wait 'til then.

If there are certain foods you tend to graze on, maybe it would help just not to keep them in the house.  When I would graze a lot, it was usually on finger food, little nibbly things I could have next to my computer to pick at during the day.  Stuff like cookies, crackers, chips, pretzels, candy, etc.  I almost never buy that stuff anymore and while I have food in the house for snacks, it's stuff like yogurt that doesn't really lend itself to grazing.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

moving-on
on 10/7/11 8:34 am - Rimrock, AZ
No you are not the only one. I had been having that grazing issue of and on and it really sucks. It is much harder when you are home, I have to agree. It is a struggle I will always have. Going to really work on making myself find something to do to distract myself.

Good luck and I will wave the wand I have just not sure it will work
Elizabeth N.
on 10/7/11 10:07 am, edited 1/2/12 10:54 am - Burlington County, NJ

jenflock
on 10/7/11 11:36 am - TN
I munch from the time I wake up until bed..I don't have a problem with it.  I am also very low carb aware though

Elizabeth N.
on 10/7/11 11:42 am, edited 1/2/12 10:54 am - Burlington County, NJ

jenflock
on 10/7/11 11:44 am - TN
Love me some cheese. Prefer steak and shrimp and eggs and cream sauces and more STEAK!!!! oh yeah...the bacon ain't bad either lol!!!

AnneGG
on 10/7/11 10:41 am
I just have to not have stuff in the house, otherwise I'm hopeless! I don't cook much anymore either- my husband has taken over that department. I am such an addict. I hate it. So I do five small meals a day, and eat cherry tomatoes and baby carrots and sugar snap peas. How uninteresting...but it works for me.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Eggface
on 10/7/11 1:25 pm - Sunny Southern, CA
Pre-op I was a big time grazer. Everytime I walked in the kitchen I walked out with something in my hands... mindless eating. Post-op I swear by meal planning... I plan my 3 meals & 2 snacks the night before and 95% of the time that is what I eat. If its not on the plan it doesn't go in the mouth... its so easy to graze several hundred extra cals :( If I plan I know its well balanced, fulfils my recs for cals, protein, etc.

I love to cook and work with food all the time it's not easy but it helps to tell myself... nope... not on the plan ;)

Good Luck with slaying the snack monster.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Tammy H.
on 10/7/11 2:27 pm - Greenville, OH
I love your idea about planning the meals the night before...I am going to give that a try. 

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Most Active