I was scared of my clothes...

So Blessed!
on 10/19/11 2:23 am

I know.  That's messed up.

It's getting cold, but I'd been avoiding pulling out my winter clothes because I was afraid they'd be too tight for me to wear.  Yesterday I bit the bullet and dragged a bag full from the basement to sort.

I wore one of my jackets today.   I'm really making progress.   I've sorta been in a funk because I hit a plateau - losing and gaining back the same two pounds for a while.  I really want to get to my goal weight.

BUT I thought about how much pressure I've been puting on myself to lose weight lately.  My maintenance goal for years has been simply to stay within five pounds of my goal weight.  I'm only two pounds away from that right now, but in my mind I was huge. 

Reality check.  I'm just a couple of pounds heavier than I was this time last year.  No more paranoia.  I will eat healthy and exercise moderately and it will drop off.

Whenever...
martitalinda
on 10/19/11 2:39 am
 "I will eat healthy and exercise moderately and it will drop off."

It certainly will! Sista rock 'em clothes fearlessly ... fold them and hang them and put them on ... take out the axe and sing and dance merrily ... for as long as you want ... play a Samba .. play some Mambo.... merengue, reggae, salsa or reggaeton .. play it loud and grab the broom or the mop and just dance away ... you need no rhyme or rhythm just shake your body to the music ...by the time you are done you would have worked up a sweat... dropped a few inches ... released some stress and cleaned the house ALL IN ONE while having fun.... here start with Waka Waka This Time for Africa ... now DANCE! LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRpeEdMmmQ0 I am going to Zumba Toning tonite!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

knowbetterdobetter
on 10/19/11 3:12 am - FL
RNY on 03/26/12
Loved that Shakira video!! Thanks Martitalinda.
So Blessed!
on 10/19/11 3:24 am

I'm going to take a walk in a little bit.  I have a route through the buildings that's about a mile.
MyLady Heidi
on 10/19/11 3:32 am
I so get that, I did the same thing and when I recently lost back down to near my goal I was thrilled to go try on my clothes and go shopping again.  Now I have probably gained back 5lbs I keep telling myself not to freak and just be careful and you can stay where you are.  Its all such a mind game really, its amazing how much we torment ourselves.

Congrats on taking control of your clothes!!!

So Blessed!
on 10/19/11 5:06 am

Thanks, Heidi.  
paranoidmother21
on 10/19/11 5:15 am - Lake Zurich, IL
You know, for so many years those initial 2 pounds meant we were back on the incredible weight climb and mood drop. It's no wonder you were worried! The difference now is that we have a tool that can help us, and you've seriously rocked your tool and will continue to do so.

Hang in there - it'll all happen.
Rebecca
Circumferential LBL, anchor TT, BL/BR, brachioplasty 12-16-10 Drs. Howard and Gutowski

Thigh lift 3-24-11, Drs. Howard and Gutowski again!
Height 5' 5".  Start point 254.  DH's goal: 154.  My guess: 144.  Insurance goal: 134.  Currently bouncing around 130-135.

So Blessed!
on 10/19/11 5:24 am

I had regained 16 pounds over my goal weight and it terrified me.  Some of my summer clothes were tight. 

I guess I needed this to help me see that even though I'm not quite where I want to be yet, I'm doing OK.  It's slow, but I'm getting there.
Most Active