Advice needed on purchasing a scale

shannon0731
on 10/30/11 6:14 am - LA
I had been spoiled. My weekly support group met at the surgeons' office so we used their scale. However, since Labor Day, we moved to another facility and there is no scale available. I am about to break down and buy one. Any advice on which one to get (and which ones to stay away from)?

I really don't need one with the body fat measure or the memory. I prefer a digital scale.

Thanks in advance!

Shannon
I'm Ready!

Mary Catherine
on 10/30/11 6:52 am
 My Tanita is 18 years old and still perfectly accurate on weight.  That has been very important to me as I get further and further out.  It is so easy for me to gain now and I weigh daily so it does not have an opportunity to get out of hand.

ivan310
on 10/30/11 6:54 am
I went to Amazon.com and purchased a Elite scale for heavy people. It was 19.00 plus **** is digital. Very nice and easy to use.
Ellen
ivan310
on 10/30/11 6:55 am
And pretty accurate to .
Ellen
Dave Chambers
on 10/30/11 6:58 am - Mira Loma, CA
My surgeon had a very nice scale, and I was interested in getting one. Googled it, and it was around $2500, too much for my budget.  I would only get a digital scale--stay away from the old analog scales (reading arm rotates like a clock) since these are not very accurate.  Make sure they have batteries that are easy to obtain.  Some use those nickel sized flat batteries, easy to find or AA or AAA batteries.  I have a digital scale that will track 4 people with wt, fat percentage, etc.  These scales typically start around $35. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

ChangingNow
on 10/30/11 8:45 am - OH
My old digital scale was horrible, with reading fluctuating by 5 pounds within one minute.

After surgery I bought an EatSmart scale from Amazon.  It is great.  Very consistent.

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Premium-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B002MK6QKO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1320014565&sr=8-5

Remember that all digital scales work best if they are on a hard flat surface and not moved around at all.

VSG on 05/03/2011, SW 255, CW 140, 5'6" female
Body by Sauceda on 11/30/2012, LBL, BL/BA, long thighs, arms, neck

Kathleen W.
on 10/30/11 9:36 am - Lancaster, PA
Mine is from Con Air , the one that is endorsed by WW.  It's the cheapest one they have and it just measures weight nothing else.  I got it at Biscov's for $14.99 is one of the most reliable scales that I've had.  ( I weigh my self.  When I'm at my ww meeting an hour later,  my weight is within 1/2 lb of my scale at home.)  I hope this helps.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

shannon0731
on 10/31/11 3:21 am - LA
Thanks everyone!

Kathleen, I have heard good things about the WW scales.

I am also intrigued with you going to WW. I have thought that I may do the same, when I get close. it is a wonderful program--I just never stuck to it!! If you don;t mind telling me, when did you start, what made you start and how has it helped you?
I'm Ready!

Most Active