1 Week Post Op Crazy Question

rlangley18
on 11/22/11 3:01 am - OK
 I had my surgery a week ago yesterday. I feel like I'm still hungry I dont know if its a fear that I'm going to fail or if I'm genuinely hungry i have this fear that it didn't work or something am I just being irrational or do I need to just wait this out, I know this sounds super silly but I figured if anyone could help me understand it would be someone here. 
butercup
on 11/22/11 3:06 am - Kennewick, WA
Which of the 4 surgeries did you get?
rlangley18
on 11/22/11 3:12 am - OK
 I'm sorry I had Roux en Y.
hollykim
on 11/22/11 6:50 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
couple of things...are yo taking a PPI such s Nexium? our sleeves make excess acid for a bit after our surgries. ask your surgeon for one if you dont have onr or you might need to change to another one.

also,are you getting in as much sf liquid as possible? dehydration mimics hunger.

also,sometimes it takes a little time for the ghrelin,the hunger hormone to leave our system,plus other organs also make small amounts of ghrelin too.
good luck

ladybug222
on 11/22/11 11:24 am
I am out 1 week too...same surgery date anyhow, I have experience what also feels like hunger one time but as soon as I started drinking the feeling went away... I had my first pureed meals today n they tasted wonderful! got real full real fast..lol...best wishes on ur journey...
butercup
on 11/22/11 1:41 pm - Kennewick, WA
You are really hungry. I know they call it head hunger, but it's real. That was a hard thing for me to overcome. I was frustrated about not satisfying the hunger, but not really being hungry at the same time.

I would suggest just making sure you get your fluids in. Those are more important now than food. When soft foods are introduced, it's so nice though.
Most Active