gotta get back on the wagon

cush32
on 12/30/11 4:32 pm
Wow its been 6.4 years since i've had my bypass surgery and for the most part i was doing good until 1.5 years ago.  I started gaining my weight back and some of my old bad habits came back. Eating before bedtime waking up and eating in the mid of the night.  I weighed 284 pds the day of surgery and i weighed 196 as of yesterday.  My lowest weight was 168 and i was so happy because i could wear a size 12 in jeans and that had'nt happen since 1975 and i was in the 7th grade, and i'm 50 now.  Even though i know what to do its so hard to stick to it .To  be honest the one thing i dont want to stop doing is having my one glass of red wine everyday. I know some of you may flame me but least im being honest with myself. I know i can lose the weight just getting started is the hard part.  I need some help from you guys what is the best thing to eat for breakfast that will keep me full until lunch time? First break is at 8am and lunch is 12noon.
Not to change the subject but i've been trying to upload my picture to this site but i guess i dont know what im doing can i get some help please.  I go by cush32 now but i use to be JCc  i had surgery 08/30/2005.  If you go to the aug 2005 forum you can read some of my old posting. Sorry to sound nuts/crazy just tired of being fat and fighingt the fat monster.

Take care cush32
Kathleen W.
on 12/30/11 7:30 pm - Lancaster, PA
If I do my math right,  you've gained about 28 lbs.  To lose that is very, very, doable.  May I make a suggestion?  There's some of us who, after a certain time, use Weigh****chers to lose the final amount of weight and to help maintain our weight loss.  It's just we adapt the WW program to fit our wls needs(protein first, etc) And yes, you can work in a glass of red wine a day, if YOU choose.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

cush32
on 12/31/11 3:17 am

Thank you for the advice and the kind words. I was looking at weight  ---chers online the other day and i was thinking about they're program. If i can,t get back on track and lose at least 7 pds by Feb than weight ---chers here i come.  And you are right i can lose weight its just a mind thing. Have a great safe weekend and HAPPY NEW YEAR..!!

AnneGG
on 12/31/11 4:45 am
Weigh****chers is a great program- useful for its structure and support. Personally, I can't eat as much as they say I can even with all my exercise, but I do like the program very much. Right now I belong online. It holds me accountable.

You can do it!!!! Go for it!

And have a great thinner New Year!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

GreenGardener
on 12/30/11 9:02 pm
VSG on 06/02/09 with
 Try reading "Beck Diet Solution" -- it is a powerful tool using cognitive therapy to change your thinking around food.  
 SD:  6/09; HW:  263;  LW:  143; CW:  155; 5'5"; 62 yo
AnneGG
on 12/30/11 9:45 pm
There is a forum on here that could be useful for you- Back On Track Together.

I find a tight focus and structure that I do one day at a time works best for me.

I think your glass of wine a day may be playing a part in how hard a time you are having. All we can do is make our choices and be willing to take the consequences.

You don't sound at all nuts or crazy- you sound like someone doing the battle. You don't want to lose it. I think we have no choice except to accept that we have to do what we have to do to fight the fat monster.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/11 1:28 am, edited 12/31/11 1:29 am
 So what about that glass of wine lol .  MOST of the world  uses  a BIT of health promoting red wine  to relax and  ( keep off )  a bunch of weight around the waist !  

I will NEVER be a preacher / abstainer with acohol lol... 

That said .. U KNOW its all in YOUR hands .  You can eat /driink for  emotional satisfaction and solace or you CAN stop doing so  ..and CHOOSE  the harder road  buthe healthier and ( thinner )  road .. 

Its ALL  in Your hands Hun ..

I personally would buy some 200  dollar Mens running shoes .. a hott  cute pair of winter running tights , turlenecks and a few  flattering tops in fleece  and windproof anoraks ..  mittens , headphones and a source of music .. and away I'd go ...   

FREE  exercise equipment will be available on the STREET  corner 100 % FREE in Febuary ...

make use of it   :) .   Make a great lite n bright and well-mirrored home gym space to take it to in the meantime ... Take CHARGE of Ur life and( only ) body  

Most Active