7 yrs post op and 7 pounds lost in one week

mitzi_from_maui
on 1/14/12 2:26 pm
Did not know quick weight loss could happen this far out. I had gained 10 pounds over Christmas and needed to get back on track. I did the Optifast bars for a week and the weight dropped off. I modified and ate a small dinner only replaced breakfast and lunch and still lost.

I know it's temporary but just needed something to get me back on track. They dont taste very good but definately did the job and also helped curve my apetitie.

Our WLS dept at Kaiser just started promoting the program for post ops who have gained but the Optifast program is $2400 and I could not afford it so just bought the bars/drinks off of ebay.

Three more pounds to go :):):)
martitalinda
on 1/14/12 6:46 pm
 HOW AWESOME MITZI .... nipping regain in the bud before it gets out of control... My dearest daughter is struggling with some medication induced regain and just managed to shed 5 pounds this past week and has another 8 to go....  CONGRATULATIONS ... this is definitely a one.day.at.a.time keep our guards up thing and can happen to any of us myself included... the good thing is addressing it and getting back on track ... Thanks for sharing this... 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

mitzi_from_maui
on 1/15/12 2:51 pm
You are always so positive on this website offering kind words and support. You are appreciated :) hugz
M M
on 1/14/12 9:21 pm
Glad that worked for you -- I've got about 7 lbs to drop too -- but I like to eat food.   LOL.

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/12 3:45 am
MM a bit O/T  But ...  just had to tell you love the new Avi .. what EYES!  :)  Wooot!   

I think some  of us  can  pick up  a few  Holiday pounds  ...   I typically do every year ,  by Ground Hog Day  what I managed to gain ,  has  been worked off  via wiser  food choices and a little more  pool  exercise. We all  have different theories  post op .. I sure Like Food too!  I had WLS because Medically I  needed it . The Holidays I still enjoy  partaking a few bites here and there in moderation with Family and Friends.  I try to be mindful It is a Journey and a Lifestyle change , with a Lap Band. . I so respect  every one Else's Choices and theories thou  :)    
tee t.
on 1/15/12 4:26 am

Yes, those eyes have that innocent look to them.

JIB 1986
revised to RNY 2004
plastics 2004,2006, 2009
mitzi_from_maui
on 1/15/12 2:52 pm
Ok again OT but you are absoutley beautiful. That is a great picture I can see photogenic :):):)
M M
on 1/15/12 10:00 pm
Heather :o)
on 1/14/12 9:34 pm
Good for you! These days my scale moves at the rate of an elderly sloth.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/12 3:47 am
  *Giggle*  ; )  
Love your Humor!  We all need humor!   I'll take any movement  even  Elderly Sloth ..Kind !  
Most Active