Almost a Year Out...Still Not at Freakin Goal...ERRRRGGGGG

readytobeme2010
on 1/30/12 2:15 am - elkton, MD
So I uploaded some new pics today you can see

I don't know, I  know I was a "lightweight" supposively to start with but Feb 17th will be a year and I am still not at goal or below to allow some bounce back etc..... i've been at freakin 148/150 steady for FREAKIN MONTHS....WHY?????

I am tracking my food ..... I don't go over 1200 cal. a day / protein in etc...

OK I need to pick up my work out, yes I did slide some on that due to a recent death in the family that pretty much blind sided us two days prior to xmas...

BUT HONESTLY everyone seems to be at or below goal by their one year

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?????????????????????????

poet_kelly
on 1/30/12 2:40 am - OH
I didn't get to goal until about 15 months out.  I know a lot of people that didn't get to goal until 18 months or two years out.  I don't think anything is wrong with you, exept that your expectations are a big unrealistic.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MyLady Heidi
on 1/30/12 2:57 am
It took me 2.5 years to make my goal and a lifetime to try to maintain it.  Good luck, this is never ending.
readytobeme2010
on 1/30/12 3:27 am - elkton, MD
Heidi,
What was your start weight/height/ etc.... I mean don't get me wrong I am EXCITED that 100lbs is gone, I guess I was excited wondering what it would look like @ 125 lbs I'm getting married in October and really would love to be at that.

Also, the SKIN is driving me so crazy. I feel so ugly. I mean I can wear a size 5 or 7 depending but my god I still have to wear bigger shirts to hide this very ugly stomach, when I look in the mirror and see the tops of my legs, stomach, top of my arms I CRINGE like OMG honestly?

I mean how do I pay for plastic surgery? No one is going to finance me or else I would jump on it like you know what!!!!

MyLady Heidi
on 1/30/12 6:15 am
I started at 283.5 and now weigh in the mid 140's I am a size 6, I can't wear juniors but if I did it would be atleast a 9 if not an eleven.  I have a small waist and big butt, something apparently teens don't have.  I had an extended tt with muscle tightening and for the first time ever I have a perfectly flat hard, as if I exercised stomach.  Its fun to touch.  lol  I took out a loan on my 401k to make it happen, best money I ever spent.

Good Luck.

Add me as a friend and you can see my plastics pics.
Kim S.
on 1/30/12 3:37 am - Helena, AL
How do you know you aren't at goal?

readytobeme2010
on 1/30/12 3:42 am - elkton, MD
I am 5'4 my ideal weight should be 125-130 that is what I was told but also where i want to be.

Kim S.
on 1/30/12 4:23 am - Helena, AL
I hear ya.  BUT-regarless of the charts, your body is going to have a "happy weight".....you can work hard to get below it, but remember maintenance will be forever and you have to determine how much you are willing to work out and how willing you are to pass on certain foods to stay at that weight.

Remember too that a previously obese body has extra skin and that adds to your weight.

Instead of focusing on a certain number on a scale or a cerain size clothes, focus on your health.  Are you healthy?  Are you active and eating a balanced diet?  This is forever and you may not want to live in a gym and deprive yourself of everything just to be a certain weight.

Lets not forget too that you are only 1 year out....give it some more time to see if you lose some more.  I know for me at 13 months I hit my lowest weight and from then on out I have been in maintenance.

Kim

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/30/12 4:58 am
yea... that does not work like that...
I am 5'4' and large frame, muscles... At 145 I was 16-17% body fat... size 4, way too low for a "normal" female... at my age...  And I was really weak and tired.  I didnot look too good.
Now - at 160-165... I am size 8-10... perfect for me ... and rather easy to maintain..  To many  wrinkles, transparent skin (no fat inder)..
 Could I maintain at 145? probably... but at what cost?
Go for cloth's size for your body- build... and maybe even try to measure body fat %.. to see if there is any more fat that you have to lose...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

southernlady5464
on 1/31/12 1:12 am
Most Active