surgery almost 2 months ago

cudagirl15
on 2/12/12 5:04 am
I got the surgery almost 2 months ago. i am now allowed to eat mostly anything. i have been staying away from high sugars and high fats. i am having starches but only whole wheat crackers and wheat bread. any suggestions of recipes or foods to eat?

I am also having lean meat, chicken, and shrimp.

also, does anybody have any advice for me? i have lost 30 pounds and am nervous this wont continue now that i am on stage 5
JenBThin
on 2/12/12 7:22 am
I totally remember that feeling. If you do as you are suppose to the weight will continue to melt off. I am one year out and I am still losing.. Thank goodness! Congrats!
Heather :o)
on 2/12/12 7:29 am
Look into WLS recipe blogs. I am not sure what the updated terms say about posting links, so I won't but The World according to Eggface is a great site.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
Heather :o)
on 2/12/12 7:37 am
I had to look it up, but Eating Well, Living Thin is another great one with great WLS friendly recipes.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
AnneGG
on 2/12/12 7:38 am
I would be avoiding the crackers and bread at your stage. I still avoid them for the most part. I have to be so careful about carbs.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Lori P.
on 2/12/12 9:05 am - Kenosha, WI

Once I was given the go-ahead to eat what anything, I made a choce to stay away from the starchy/sugary things as they really were not adding anything postive to my diet.  I did (and still do) eat lots of chicken and fish.  I drink a good deal of milk and have cheese.  I have a few servings of greek yogurt daily.  I also make sure I work in some vegies.  I have seeds and nuts as snacks.  If I make something for my family that I dont want or can't tolerate, I just have a chicken salad.

Pretty boring diet, but it works!

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

inspirationseeker
on 2/12/12 10:36 am - CA
RNY on 02/02/12
 I got a tip from someone on this website. I dont know how to post a link but it was bariatric foodie and there was all kinds of cool recipies for us. especially different ways to dr up protien powder....check it out!

Bethann_0429
on 2/12/12 9:46 pm - KS
I had my DS on 12/14/11 so I know exactly where you are at.  My starting weight was 376 and I am down to 316.   I can give you a list of what seems to be working for me....   I do a protein shake in the morning and it takes me about 1 hr to finish.... but I add some No sugar added frozen fruit to it.  Of all the types I have tried... Walmart actually has one that I can tolerate... it's their EAS brand.  I know fruit has some sugar but my dr felt it was better than not drinking any or throwing it up... making it thicker has worked for me.  I don't want to give you misinformation but just sharing.  For lunch I eat either tuna salad wrapped up in lettuce leaves, shrimp with a little ****tail sauce, a cup of bean and ham soup, or hummus.  Dinner involves protein and veggies.  I was a volume eater so snacking was never my issue.  Im not a soda drinker and really have to work on my water intake.  I have eaten some chips but only a few.... that seems to be my weakness so I have found that allowing my self a couple.....gets rid of the all consuming craving that I have for them and then I can go weeks without touching them.  Congrats on your weightloss... what a journey we have started!  Best Regards, Bethann
CoraDee
on 2/13/12 2:50 pm
I just found this blog the other day: gastronomicfitness.blogspot.com
She's got a lot of great, healthy recipes on there!

barbyannn53
on 2/20/12 4:05 am - Andover, OH
I had surgery almost two months ago also. I just started the regular food phase and one pc of whole wheat or multigrain bread is included in my plan. It said to eat is toasted as it would be tolerated better. Two to three times a week I eat a pc of toast with peanut butter on it for breakfast. Congrats and good luck.
 Barby
Most Active