Home and SLEEVED !!

Debra P.
on 3/16/12 10:16 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
Hey everyone.  I wanted to let you all know that my sleeve gastrectomy went beautifully yesterday. I was sleeved at 11:00 am yesterday and discharged at 11:00 am this morning.
I had very minimal pain and only had to use the pain pump two or three times.
My awesome surgeon, DR. IM, also found a hernia that I did not now I had and he repaired that while he was in there. 

I had a few waves of nausea and they gave me meds intravenously for that. I am on clear liquids,    4 oz each hour for 3 days, then on to stage two foods like cream soup for a couple weeks.

The gas pain is no joke... walking and burping and passing gas is the only releif. 

The staff at Richmond Kaiser went above and beyond !!  I had a private room and round the clock attention and care.
I could not have had a better experience.

jennygalthin n
on 3/16/12 10:38 am
congrats I will be sleeved in 7 days...  wishing you a speedy uneventful recovery

Guarare
on 3/16/12 8:43 pm, edited 3/16/12 8:43 pm
 I have been gone for quite sometime now and was looking for my friend Martitalinda......I have since  moved and got married and am in a totally different area where I am so glad to see so many pursuing the gastric sleeve... A couple of close friends of mine have been sleeved and are doing great with it.  Congratulations to you.

You have undergone an awesome surgery and it is good that it went beautifully for you.... much rest and relaxation and take care of yourself.... slow and easy does it.  It is good too that the hernia was found and repaired at the same time ..good catch...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. 
(deactivated member)
on 3/17/12 7:33 am - NY
RNY on 03/21/12
Yay! So glad to hear everything went smoothly! Keep us posted on how your feeling!
thickummz 1
on 3/17/12 1:38 pm
VSG on 03/22/12
Congratulations
tabrielle10
on 3/18/12 5:23 am
Congratulations!!!  I pray that my sleeve surgery goes as smoothly as yours did. I too am embarking on my sleeve surgery on 04/04/2012.   Not too often do you hear on these sites where a surgery went smooth with minimal issues. You always hear the "worst scenario" ever!  Glad to hear about this praise report, and wish you nothing but the best recovery ever!  May the Lord be with you now and going forward. 

Best,

The Mrs. 
Most Active