I Hope This Helps Someone Here... Food Has NEVER Been the ISSUE

readytobeme2010
on 3/18/12 8:07 am - elkton, MD
It's been a while since I have been on. My life is crazy fun busy :) and I love every moment. I am not like most on here that hit a "honeymoon" stage. I tended to struggle for every pound of weight loss and I am still not at my goal weight of 130.  I have 20lbs to go. However, I choose not to focus on what is wrong but focus on what the outcome is I desire. 

Since my surgery over a year ago I became a certified hypnotherapist and now learning energy healing while in the process of getting my doctorate as a clinical psychologist.  I have learned so very much.

I lurk and read much of what is written on here and of course, needless to say, yes, I privately dissect the "diagnosis" and the "cures" presented :) sorry just my nature.

I just wanted to encourage you all that may be struggling to possibly give yourself permission to breathe.  Love yourself exactly where you are.  Change focus from what YOU perceive is "wrong" and focus on what your desire as your outcome.  You never failed not prior to surgery not after.  Failure was never an occurrence you simply received 'feedback' with specific outcomes and deemed it resourceful or unresourceful which causes you to change course or stay on course.

Being overweight to begin with is never a food issue.  It is a defense mechanism of one sort or another.  Food replaced an inadequacy you felt in your life.   Each time you feel tempted to reach for something that does not serve your purpose, pause for one moment and just give yourself the gift of five minutes, ask yourself, "what purpose is this (you fill in) serving me? How am I feeling right now? What emotions do I feel? What am I gaining that furthers my well being by choosing to eat this (fill in the blank)?" Do this with the every food choice you participate in.  It will become habit.  You will gain control over your thought processes.  It will cause you to look within instead of using any food as an anesthesia for pain.  Your focus on your outcome subconsciously will overrule the moment of unconscious eating.

If you can afford to go to a reputable hypnotherapist I HIGHLY recommend it as you will discover in your journey food is not now nor ever been the culprit, only the victim to our unresolved emotions.

I welcome anyone to email me if you need or desire more help.  I am here to help in this journey as I am also a sojourner with you.  

All the Best

Angela

http://www.Angelajessee.com
[email protected]

NanfromSan
on 3/18/12 8:35 am
VSG on 12/09/14
Food replaced an inadequacy you felt in your life

So true...  Do you recommend any books, cd's or dvd's for those of us that don't have access to a hypnotherapist????

So nice of you to offer help!

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

AnneGG
on 3/18/12 12:43 pm
I have been working at my healing journey a long time, over 45 years, and it will take me my next 8 lifetimes to learn how to control my thought processes and resolve my unresolved emotions.

The closest I have come is to learn through meditation how to let my thoughts go on by and not pay attention to them. I have also done a lot of therapy and grief work, as well as a myriad of other techniques and healing approaches. All of them have been invaluable, but none of them have been a cure. I am left with the process and the journey and the gratitude of being alive.

I liked what you said about staying focused on your goal. I also very much liked what you said about giving oneself the gift of 5 minutes. I'm not sure how mindful I can be about asking myself the questions, but I can give it the 5 minutes, and see about distracting myself with something else.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

LosingSally
on 3/18/12 3:24 pm
Sometimes people just get hungry. If one works, exercises, drives, runs errands, raises children, or a thousand other activities, one is inclined to get hungry.
Even us fat people ( yes, I am that fat woman, I just look much skinnier ) have to eat, and when hungry, eat.
It helps to prevent overdoing it, if you don't let yourself get to the starving point.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Most Active