Will it ever happen?

brenlee1965
on 3/26/12 10:09 am - New Berlin, NY
 I started looking into RNY at the end of 2010; didn't lose the required weight loss; so my surgery date was never set. In 2011 I went through ALL of my sick/vacation & personal time at work; just getting all of the appts done (required medical tests for Pre-surgery) then I moved & never called back to the doctor & they never called me....so here I am in 2012 starting this journey, once again. Tomorrow is my Ultrasound...next week is the Nutritionist and the Surgeon meeting again. Will I ever get to the point of actually having a SURGERY date? I have lost 8 pounds since I met with my doctor; but need to lose 10 more pounds and keep it off, til we meet again....AUGH!
MARIA F.
on 3/26/12 10:35 am - Athens, GA

Hugs! WLS can be a long road for some of us. So sorry you have had the roadblocks.

FormerlyFluffy.com

MsBatt
on 3/26/12 11:02 am
Don't take this the wrong way, but maybe you've been lucky so far because you haven't had WLS yet. I say this because you have a BMI of 65, and you're trying to have the RNY.

Now, I'm not saying the RNY isn't a good surgery, or even that it isn't right for you---but given your BMI, I strongly suggest that you may need a more agressive surgery than the RNY---namely, the DS/duodenal switch.

Maybe you've already researched the DS up, down, and sideways. If os, just ignore me. If not---start researching NOW. WLS is deadly serious, and no one should have to do it twice. But some people do---just check out the Revision board to see what I mean.

I wish you the very best on your WLS journey---just be 100% certain you've researched EVERYTHING before you go under the knife.
strandeddesigner
on 3/26/12 1:23 pm
RNY on 06/15/12
Gee! I can only imagine how this journey has been for you. In a little less than three weeks I will have my 6 month appointment with my surgeon. My insurance requires that I see him once a month for weight loss for a total of six months before the dr's office can submit my paperwork for approval. So, in a few weeks I will be one step closer but I still won't have a surgery date. It seems like it's been FOREVER!!!! and I haven't even had any road blocks. I wish you much success in your latest endeavor. I am so proud of you for loosing 8 pounds! Before you know it you will have that other 10 gone!!! and you'll be well on your way. I know you can do it!

~Katie
brenlee1965
on 4/13/12 11:36 am - New Berlin, NY
 Thank you all for your comments. I do appreciate your being open/honest/supportive.
 Bren                
Most Active