I need Help and advice!!!

serenitynow1967
on 4/18/12 5:54 am - Lakewood, OH
 Hi everyone! I had Roux n y gastric bypass 6/2005. Originally 311 and got down to 140. At that point I was afraid I wouldn't stop losing weight) am 5'5 and everyone in my family said I looked anorexic (can we win? :)  I maintained a decent weight loss until the past year. At my lowest weight I wore a size 2-6. now I'm up to a 12-16. started working nights almost a year ago and can't seem to manage to lose/keep weight of in spite of eating healthy foods. Any ideas would be appreciated! 
ALESIA1966
on 4/18/12 6:20 am - New Bern, NC
Hi Serenity,

I'm your surgiversary neighbor, 06/07/2005 & 5'4" 1/2 - 5'5 if I'm on my tiptoes...I feel where you are coming from, maintained well into year 3 then began to see creep, totally let it blindside me by listening to the evil  voices in my head and have been playing around with getting off my re-bound for over a year, but not really committed to it until recently...I'm logging on the BOTT (Back on Track Together) board & have begun again to apply myself to the basics of the surgery - Protein forward, low carb (try to stick with veggies only & stay away from to much fruit ), just say no to treats with "real" sugar & stick to the no drinking +/- 30 minutes from meals...I've always been good about getting exercise 3-4 days a week so did not have to work on that ...

I have been seeing some success, which is motivating...I would recommend really considering a return to the beginning basics (not liquids but early eating guidelines) & spend at least a week keeping a food log whi*****ludes amounts (you might consider even going back to weighing a measuring), because even if you are still making really healthy choices @ this stage I know I can eat alot more @ one sitting and also have a tendency to graze if I do not keep myself in check...

Hope to see you around

Alesia : start 249 / surgeon's goal 138 / current 142  

littleskie
on 4/18/12 10:05 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
What healthy foods are you eating? Whole grain carbs are healthy, according to the ADA guidelines, yet they shoot my sugar levels up, which causes insulin release which causes fat storage to increase. So a dish of healthy granola is not healthy for me despite it being considered by almost the entire health industry.

Start logging everything you eat and post it. You will get it picked apart by everyone but you will learn and get some great advice.

Good luck!!!!

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Most Active