another surgery questions

elaynew
on 6/6/12 6:01 am - Mohegan Lake, NY
I have to have a tonsillectomy due to repeated bouts of strep. Is there anything I should know about anesthesia or recovry or anything? I am 18 months post op.

southernlady5464
on 6/6/12 6:05 am
Just let them know you have had a RNY...and be prepared to drink your foods for about the next week.

I had a UPPP/tonsilectomy back in 2002 (YEARS before my WLS) and altho I wanted to use SF (I am a type 2 diabetic WAS on insulin), it made me gag. Had to use regular sugar foods...jello, ice pops, et**** cream was way too cold for me. It was a fantastic day the day I managed a scrambled egg (was 5 days out).

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/6/12 8:27 am, edited 6/6/12 9:09 am
no regular ice cream for you.
If you do have problem with sugar and fruit juices - make sure they know that.
Hospitals are "crazy" sometimes - I was offered fruit juice to drink after I repeatedly told them no sugar allowed.
The nurse said "But the apple juice does not have any sugar, see on the label: No-Sugar_Added"  grrr... I know she meant well...

Make sure that whoever is with you in the hospital checks and rechecks after they give you things to drink...  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active