Nothing like a slap in the face

ANGIE0502
on 8/8/12 11:45 pm, edited 8/8/12 11:45 pm
Thanks for all you encouragement, hugs and empathy.  I needed to vent and OH friends have always been there for me. 

I've decided I'm not going to sweat the .3 BMI I'm over by.  I'm healthier now that I ever was.  So, bite me dr. wanna-be.

No, they can't fire me over it either for those who were wondering.
Angie
"Assumption is the root of many problems"

Heather :o)
on 8/9/12 6:57 am
Did you get weighed naked on MD scale, first thing in am after you peed? Makes a HUGE difference as aopposed to going after lunch wearing jeans. I bet that 0.3 is already off, on your home scale if you weighed like I suggested. Also your not Obese, thats a BMI of 30 or higher, your BMI is overweight.

I also have a wellness program at work and egads that BMI! Im like a 25.1 at MD office and he won't give me the few lbs off from clothes and coffee I had before I got there, etc.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
(deactivated member)
on 8/9/12 2:39 pm - WA
 Aside from their stupid graphs-- are you healthy?? Oh you are? Then screw them!
Miss_Kitty
on 8/9/12 2:47 pm - New Bedford, MA

And, because I've had bypass "This should be easy for you."

Why do people, including doctors, feel that WLS is "easy" for anyone?!?!?!?!? GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

BethR311
on 8/9/12 7:30 pm - Fort Wayne, IN
I know how you feel. I've lost weight and my type 2 diabetes is in remission, but I still can't get a discount on my health insurance because my good cholesterol is lower than 50.

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
happymomma307
on 8/10/12 7:28 pm - OH
Lol @ Heather! I'd love to see the look on the doctors face if you walked in the office first thing in the morning, stripped down and hopped on the scale! Though I have to agree I bet that would be your 5lbs. and I'd do it just for principal!

Most Active