Getting to goal in a year?

phine_20
on 9/25/12 6:43 am - GA
I had my nine month check up with my surgeon today. I've lost 140 lbs since the start of my preop diet.  I'm 33 years old, started at 334, now at 194, 5'5". He wants me to lose 34 more lbs to get to a goal BMI of 25- 27.  He wants me to do this by my one year check up. Is this realistic? Can I really do it in less than three months? I've only lost about 25 in the past three months. Did anyone else with similar stats get to goal in a year? Aren't the last pounds the hardest to come off?
Mary Catherine
on 9/25/12 6:59 am
 It is not totally realistic to me.  I think by now about about 15 or 20 pounds would be fantastic.  You can still lose more, but don't stress out over unrealistic goals.  Once you have the weight off, and a few years has gone by you will realize that it did not matter what you weighed on any certain day during the journey.  Just follow your plan and let your body determine when it will lose.
Dave Chambers
on 9/25/12 7:13 am - Mira Loma, CA

Everyone loses wt at a different rate than another patient with a similar BMI.  You may or may not be able to do this.  If you do regular exercise, 4-5 times a week with at least 30 minutes, watch your selection of foods and portion control, drink enough water, have a lot of protein, take all of your supplements....Your surgeon can "want" you to do this, but don't feel like a failure if you can't lose these 34 pounds in his alloted time frame.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/25/12 8:50 am
 IMO if you don't belive you can do that - then you will not do that. But if you put your mind and body to do it - YOU CAN DO IT. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

jennydemerice
on 9/25/12 4:03 pm - Gonzales, LA
 you r awesome!  youcan do it!  i hope to be able to get results like you!
Jenn

kathkeb
on 9/25/12 4:53 pm
 Wow, you are doing great!!!!L!

my surgeon does not set weight loss number goals because he thinks that it undermines our feelings of success.

You have had amazing results whether you lose 34 more pounds in 3 months or not.
It is a tall order, and may happen or may not, but don't stress over it.

Stay the course, keep doing what has already brought you so far!!!!!!!

Great work!!!!
Kath

Valerie G.
on 9/25/12 9:57 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I think it took me around 14-15 months to get to a normal BMI, and it definitely slowed down the closer I got.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active