Please looking for a support .....

iluvmoonstarz
on 2/7/13 7:57 am - NY

I am 4 yrs out and I am scared to death...I feel I can eat anything and especially having trouble sleeping at night...I noticced I have gained 5 lbs and I need to stop now...I dont have any family and my husband has had the surgery but it has been so easy for him, no need to be extra careful....Anyone looking to offer advice or suggestions... [email protected]

I am desperate what if I have ruined my tool...My mom hates me and have no siblings...I dont want to get so depressed since I do suffer from depression and anxiety...

Please anyone....

brenlee1965
on 2/7/13 8:19 am - New Berlin, NY
Once you have the tool you can get back on track....Do you have a support group online or at the place you had the surgery? Maybe that would be a good start. I wish you the VERY best. Chin up. We all have a tendency to beat ourselves up. But you have to stop that immediately. Love yourself and give yourself a break. FIVE pounds is all that you have gained....you can lose that....You can do it!
 Bren                
brenlee1965
on 2/7/13 8:23 am - New Berlin, NY
Just found this......http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/welcome/
 Bren                
shoutjoy
on 2/7/13 5:53 pm - Culpeper, VA

Hi,

Sorry you are going through this.  I know it is hard.  I also know that this surgery is great for the gut, but it doesn't fix the brain and that is where the real battle lies.  I highly recommend you find a good counselor who has experience working with food issues (addictions/disorders). It seems you need more support than you are getting.  If you are having problems making healthy food choices, I would recommend talking to a nutritionist.  You really need to be proactive in your totally healing.  As I said, it is not all about the stomach. Hang in there, ok?

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Member Services
on 2/8/13 12:47 am - Irvine, CA

Hello,

Try this group http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/

We also suggest you remove your personal email address from this public forum.  Members can contact you using the PM system here on OH.

Regards,

Member Services

tina.k
on 2/8/13 12:03 pm - Taylorsville, KY
Be encouraged! I have gained forty lbs. and although I have tried to lose it, I've never tried 100% until two days ago to get back on track. Agree with other posters, our battle is our mind-all the old tapes we play. A good counselor will help you get rid of those tapes. Find a support group. Don't isolate. Post on this board every day.
Most Active